xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!  (Read 889 times)

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!
« on: October 07, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »

I created some sample SKINS and I do not know how to code xml or whatever, nor do I want to learn! So if anyone out there would like to create any of the SKINS I have pictured below, I will offer $25 for your time to do it (Not sure if that is good or bad, but its what I'm willing to pay for it being done)... I'll buy the products online or if you prefer me sending a check that is fine on my side.

Skin 1 :
(IMG:http://c.myspace.com/00025/23/56/25186532_l.jpg)

Skin 2 :
(IMG:http://c.myspace.com/00025/03/76/25186730_l.jpg)

Skin 3 :
(IMG:http://c.myspace.com/00025/94/47/25187449_l.jpg)

Skin 4 :
(IMG:http://c.myspace.com/00025/05/97/25187950_l.jpg)

About some of the skins, unfortunetly, My driver for my Video Card is screwed up, so my monitor doesn't display the TRUE colors! So on MY screen, these images look right to ME, and on YOUR screen, they might not sorry!

I only want 1 of the 4 skins created (from above), but I am not sure which one I want to go with, if you can help me out and vote, it'd be much apreciated!

Anyone willing to create any of these skins idea's I have for me? $25. Thanks for the votes and replies! Sorry for the long post! :o  :blink:  :unsure:  :uhh:  :boring:

-Matt

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Feb 2 2005, 02:09 PM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 01:45:00 AM »

ummmm, when you say "dashboard" do you mean skin? as in, you load unleashX (which is the dashboard) and your pics are whats seen and navigated through?

if so.. its a fairly easy process and most ppl on xbox-scene dont charge for stuff like that, at least id hope not.

if all you are looking for is a skin to be made,kinda like these

then you have a few options.

you could go here and download UXarchitect and read up on how to make the skin yourself, or pick a couple images, and I or someone else will do it for you, FOR FREE.

anyways... send some feedback on what exactly you are trying to accomplish here.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

Yes! Skins...thank you, my bad heh...

It seems from what i've briefly read and seen that you need to know XML in order to create a dashboard?...Am I wrong? If that IS true, I dont wanna try learning! heh...

If not, Then ha! Forget the $25 and just vote! heh... I do apreciate you taking the time to reply ILLusions and helping me out! Always nice to see someone like you on the forums!

In the meantime,  I'm gonna check out that unlesh architect tool...bbl!

-Matt

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

yea, i see you are fairly new to these forums, and yes, a GREAT MAJORITY of its members are very helpful.

its great to have someone to make skins for our great dashboard.

you do use unleashX i take it? otherwise it would be hard to test your skin.

but anyways.. you need the .net framework installed for uxarchitect to work, you can get it from the windows update.

other than that... you just pick a backroun, loading image, make a font if you desire and you are set... at least its that easy for the bare minimum.

but thats a good place to start... no xml needed at all.

very very nice proggy uxarch. is

good luck!

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

Yea I'm pretty new...I don't reply much to posts...but I actually don't use Unleash (right now)...I'm debating whether I want my skins on UnleashX or MXM?

My Xecutor3 just arrived yesturday and so now I'm just trying to get my dashboard setup...

Thanks again for your help, I'm gonna play with that program a little today to see how easy it is, and thanks for the votes everyone!

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

The xbmc skin looks good, i wouldnt mind taking a stab as long as you can make all the gfx.  I really dont want to do a ton of photoshop on a skin, but xml is cool.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »

WabidWoveren...

If I choose you to do it, Don't worry about photoshop, I will provide you jpgs of all images, sprites, etc, to go with the skin...I'll put the files in a .zip/.rar format...

What am I looking at as far as sprites go? How many different pictures will you need? Like, the backround...then each icon will need its own file, every menu item when you scroll, can I import my own font file to you to use? ...

I just need to know what I need to do on MY part so that it makes it easy for you so that you only need to do the XML part of it and not worry about the photoshop...

Thanks for the votes people! 150+ Views and only 11 votes??? Come on ! I'm trying to decide which skin to go with! It's going to be up to you!

-Matt!

Striker2k2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

wow that first skin for xbmc is looking awesome, would love to use that one with the 1.1 release :)
but xbox media center is not unleashx, or are you gonna convert it for ux?
would much rather see a new cool skin for xbmc :D

Dolfhin

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (Striker2k2 @ Oct 9 2004, 12:55 PM)
wow that first skin for xbmc is looking awesome, would love to use that one with the 1.1 release smile.gif
but xbox media center is not unleashx, or are you gonna convert it for ux?
would much rather see a new cool skin for xbmc biggrin.gif

Yeah the XBMC skin's looks great!

I'm not a to big fan of the matrix but the other are cool to i really like the CD audio image biggrin.gif

edit...

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 03:29:00 AM »

Hey thanks guys! Apreciate that... ALL the skins are just samples...not for any type of dashboard particularlly, just what I want the skin to look like, and then apple it to any dash that meets my needs...

As soon as I figure out how to do this (or more likely find someone to do it for $25), then I'll send it over to allxboxskins.com!

E-Yayuh!! Keep em votes comin! thanks!

-Matt

love_tropicana

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 03:38:00 AM »

Well i don't have much to doo anyway so if you want me to put together a skin for unleashx just send me the graphics.

I'll need two backgrounds, 1 - 640x480 and 2 - 720x480 so i can cover both 4:3 and 16:9. The font you want to be used, both for the menu and misc text objects.
I would prefer using the landscape icons Inertia has provided us with, but this choice rests upon you completely, i just think they look good. If you choose to use them they are 254x55 if memory serves me right.  And also an idea for the layout would help much, like you've done with the images in your first post.

Sorry to say... i will not even try to make a XBMC skin since that is very much out of my league. Well if you still want someone to assemble the skin for you just give me a pm or something.

cheers.

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

Here is a list, and a sample .png for every picture i would need.  I dont mind shrinking bigger pictures/streaching them to fit the 16x9 version of the skin or the thumbnail icons.  As you can tell from the last skin we did ( http://dell.gruposid.com/ScreenShots/XBMC/index.htm ), its pretty easy to work from a few graphics to make a complete skin

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xbmc...20Mayhem/media/

This post has been edited by WabidWoveren: Oct 10 2004, 08:20 PM

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

smile.gif

WabidWoveren, are you planning on making an updated version of the Media Experience skin for XBMC? I have your other skin for Avalaunch (which I am using at this moment) but really would like it to match my XBMC (stuck with Project Mayhem for the longest).

MODDEDBOX

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

The first "skin" is the nicest I´ve seen so far. Keep up the good work.

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

it was on my to do list,. but keeps getting pushed back.  a port of the mediaportal skin http://mediaportal.s....net/ssmce.html has been made to xbmc, so you can find it somewhere on the xbmc forums for now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12