xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Setting Up Smb  (Read 739 times)

mike315

• Archived User
Setting Up Smb
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(deshman @ Nov 16 2005, 08:56 PM)
this is EXACTLY what i did, and i can see all the files and play them (although all videos are choppy)  It seems that the speed is REALLY slow.  I have a dedicated 100/10 switch set up for talking JUST between my PC and Xbox....but damn it's slow.  Anyone have any ideas how to speed things up??

deshman

• Archived User
Setting Up Smb
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Have XBMC scan the share, this will cache the file list and you'll see a mighty increase on browsing of files and folders via smb in xbmc.

i have done that, and after the first time that it scans the folders or files...then the next time there is no lag.  The lag still comes into play when I am watching a video file, may it be divx, xvid or whatever.  It seems like it wants to cache the file onto the xbox.  Can't it just stream...i dont want file cacheing.  The video is REALLY choppy.

deshman

• Archived User
Setting Up Smb
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »

the FTP speeds are fine and very fast.  It seems that the picture is only choppy when there is alot of "action" on the video.  Then is a step in the right direction.

mike315

• Archived User
Setting Up Smb
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(deshman @ Nov 19 2005, 02:18 AM)
the FTP speeds are fine and very fast.  It seems that the picture is only choppy when there is alot of "action" on the video.  Then is a step in the right direction.

deshman

• Archived User
Setting Up Smb
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

ok, i was running the May 2005 build, but now i'm trying to get the newest CVS build to work but it keeps freezing as soon as I move down to Videos.  I have no clue what i'm doing wrong.  I put the XBMC in E:\APPS like it said.  

I am running .avi files that are either divx or xvid.

BTW: how do i increase the cache?

deshman

• Archived User
Setting Up Smb
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

brain fart...got the new CVS XBMC installed...going to test now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]