xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Over Xbmp = Image Quality Downgrade.  (Read 51 times)

falser

• Archived User
Xbmc Over Xbmp = Image Quality Downgrade.
« on: January 18, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

Yes I noticed banding a lot more in XBMC as well.  The banding exists in the DivX itself, you can't avoid it completely because that's exactly how codecs compress movies.  I assumed it was because maybe the brightness in XBMC is higher and so it's only more noticeable.  You could perhaps try some of the softening filters to blend out the banding.

nancy_kerrigan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

I didnt notice the quality downgrade but i can agree with you that its a lot more washed out and brighter.

I still use XBMP24 (10-29) myself unless i've encoded in the latest Xvid beta3 codec

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 10:22:00 PM »

humm i didnt notec any image qualtly loss. in fact i think its better in xbmc then xmbp was. most couse its brighter. when it comes to divx video you probly just have a shotty clip. people who encode divx movies are relly good for not using all the filters you can use when encoding divx movies to make them near dvd qual wile still being small.

Palt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (nancy_kerrigan @ Jan 19 2004, 02:32 AM)
I didnt notice the quality downgrade but i can agree with you that its a lot more washed out and brighter.

Haha what the hell?

So yesterday I went out, thinking I would go for a walk in the forest. I couldn't find the forest though, because there was this huge area densely populated with trees blocking my view.  wink.gif