xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: A Lot Of Errors Explained In Detail!  (Read 3945 times)

darkplayer

• Archived User
A Lot Of Errors Explained In Detail!
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (darkplayer @ Oct 1 2004, 11:30 AM)
Got the second drive working biggrin.gif Modchip & slayer 2.6 took care of my fragging problems.

Having trouble with the modded sd616. The soldering went fairly easy. Might have to open her right up and expect my soldering. wink.gif

Easy fix for my dvd drive, HDD must be set as a mster & DVD selected as slave. How sweet it is. beerchug.gif

New delima, dvd was working just fine then, stopped ejecting. Everything works fine, even the games wil load up but the tray just doesn't want to eject.  Found out a number of people are getting the same problem. uhh.gif what to do uhh.gif

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (MatthewDavidson @ Oct 1 2004, 10:46 PM)
I have done an incredible job at trashing my XBox.  My problem as it stands now is that I can't get any hard drives to work in my Xbox.  I was stupid and started by reformatting my hard drives, but then I decided to flash a new BIOs.  So then, of course, when I try to boot the system up I get nothing.  I can't boot with my chip on at all; it just frags.  But if I put in my friends hard drive from his modded XBox, I still get Error message 5 or 6, depending on which lock/unlock operation I just did.  So I can't get far enough to fix my Error 16 message.  Can anyone offer me any help?

If his drive is unlocked it should boot in your xbox when you have your modchip enabled. Then you should be able to solve error 16. After that you can install every hdd in your xbox.

It seems your chip isnt working. If it gives you error 5 or 6 it means the chip is not working. Cuz every modded xbox will boot past a not locked (unlocked) drive.

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (TB2ZI @ Oct 4 2004, 09:24 AM)
biggrin.gif This thread got a place in my Sig, Good work biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif  love.gif

Your welcome!!
beerchug.gif

westrick

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »

Alright guys I got a crap load of a problem on my hands... I need to unlock my hard drive because i got a new (used) xbox(ver 1.5), I modded this one with my old mod chip and old 120gb hard drive. My old xbox's power supply basically exploded (ver 1.6). The step down voltage converted was trashed for all you tech guys you know an xbox is fricked without it and I'm pretty sure it fricked up the rest of the mo'bo on my old xbox.(ver 1.6) So ill explain it again... I took my aladin xt advanced out of my old xbox (ver 1.6) and put it in the new (used) one (ver 1.5), I did the same with the hard drive (which as far as i can tell is ok). I put it in, but when I go to access the hard drive in "settings" on my Evox dashboard, (running from a boot cd) it says "unlock error". If some one could plz tell me if i can get this hard drive unlocked or at least flush the thing and remove the unlock, I would be really happy.

bleugh

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »

............Mods, is this ever going to be pinned or linked to?, what kind of arsey policics is going on here, its a far superior description than any other crap out there
WTF is going on?

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (bleugh @ Oct 9 2004, 10:48 AM)
............Mods, is this ever going to be pinned or linked to?, what kind of arsey policics is going on here, its a far superior description than any other crap out there
WTF is going on?

Thx bleugh, however this topic is already pinned in the general hardware section a while ago, But somehow people just do'n't seem to find it and keep on asking the same questions over and over.

If you wanna know the link here it is to the pinned topic:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=241773

But thx for your support.

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (soulrebel @ Oct 21 2004, 02:12 AM)
Im in desparate need of help.

Im always playing games from my hd and dvds with no problem what so ever.

Today I copied Def Jam to my hdd(hdd retail) and played it for about 3 hours.

I wanted to play again but when I start up my xbox I get the "xbox needs serviced" screen with the 09 error on the left of the screen.

I unplugged the xbox from the power and re-plugged it and the message dissapeard and went straight to evox.

So i went on and started up Def Jam 2 from my hdd. but before the "enter start" screen I got an DD error. Restarted my xbox and again I get the 09 error.

So I tried to delete the def jam game from my hd (via FTP) but it cant be deleted, like its in use or something, all the subfolders and files are deleted but the main file not.

Now my dvd drive isnt working either and I get the 09 error and sometimes the 21. Im stil using th retail hdd and everything was working perfectly before I backed up Def Jam 2.

I think the problem is that i went to dvd2xbox (without a cd in the tray) and pressed A-button( coppy dvd to hdd with the tray empty) instead of the B-button(browse hdd). My xbox froze and Im gettin al this mess since then.

Id try to reinstall the haddrive with slayer 2.6
so it will reformat your hdd.
Goodluck

soulrebel

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

Ok evrything is ok now.

But I decided to put a new hdd (seagate 80 gb). But the problems is when I ver I try to boot with evox cd and the new hdd I get the 05 error, but im not booting with the modchipp off.

I tried hotswapping but after the formating procedure i still get the error 5.

spare72

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

As a little tip for any Error with the HDD and DVD player.

Check your power supply and the power wires running to the pack.  I have a instance where the power pack had a loose wire suppling power to the HD and it would work sometimes.  Normally I would take it apart it would work and once back together it would die.

SxualVnilla

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »

If you want to update anything, do it with the chip off!

Tipster

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

Is there anyway I could perform fix 2 of error 16 if I have a softmodded xbox?

Mohnsy

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »

Ok well i am not new to the moded xbox scene i have had mine about a year now and this is the only time i have run into problems. I have the error 21 message come up and i have contacted xbox suport and they cant help me due to the fact that i am ripping them off of cource lol. I have a new hard drive put in it 160gb and when i turn on the xbox it just goes to this screen after trying to boot up in normal green xbox logo mode. I would like some sugestions from some people that have had this same problem. Get back to me PLZ i am lost wiht out my xbox it is loaded wiht at least 50 games i dont want to loose them ... worse comes to worse ill sell it for parts let me know guys and girls !!!!!!!!!!!

xbox=253$
modchip instaled=40$
hard drive=140$
not paying for a game for the rest of my xbox life=priceless smile.gif

blah101

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »

Just to let ya know Error 9 usually means the HD is Corrupt or there is a space in the fatx table.. i had this problem with a maxtor a few months ago.. couldnt figure out why.. ran xboxhdm and redid fatx tables a bunch of times.. only thing was to get a different one

raven_xbe

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

Hi all. I got an xbox that is fragging, it blinks green twice slowly then repeatedly flashes red, during this nothing is on the screen at all. Sometimes though the xbox does work and when it does there r no problems at all! The xbox is completely unmodded, no sofmod or chip etc. Can someone please tell me how to fix?

kneehighspy

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »

ran into an error 21, replaced the dvd drive and fixed the problem.  just thought i'd let you guys know in case this happens to you and give you an item to try.

//kneehighspy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8