xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: A Lot Of Errors Explained In Detail!  (Read 3727 times)

OcnewB

• Archived User
A Lot Of Errors Explained In Detail!
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »

BUMP and mods...... Pin please!?

Boomhower

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

omg dude you helped me so much with your error 16 explanation, and for real, this needs to be pinned so bad,  MODS PIN THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

added under the general hardware faq pin

gen2_rx7

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

Great posts, figured out my error 21 probs.  Bumpity bump.
New to xbox modding, not computers. very similar stuff.

xecuter 2.3b lite+
Xbox ver 1.1 (bought it a month ago is that weird that i got a 1.1?)
samsung dvd drive and retail HDD

EZYESS57

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

i constantly get an error 21 message after a hdd backup freezes  mid game. problem = bad hdd backup (i guess). so why is it that i can put the original disc in and itll lock mid game and give me the same message? i can reboot and go straight back into evo dash so its not a (dash.xbe) changing or parts missing right? someone expand on there error 21 occurances and exactly what u did to fix it. i.e. used dvd2xbox to make hdd backups instead of px hdd loader. xenium, xenium os1.1,evoxm7, evox 3921, slayers 2.5.

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »

I added some more information about error 13.

Maybe it'll help someone. It has been bugging me now for a while and i finally fixed it.

So, read up!

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

A lot off error 13's lately. Strange why so MANY people seem to be unable to find this post. All, please try to use the search or the sticky's!

Jake Reef

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

I am getting the

Call M$ screen without an error number. The box has never been modded, the idecable is tite, i even replaced the cable...nothing.

aquiesce

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

Its an exremely good post OcnewB I have tried your solution to an error 16 I was getting and when I unlocked the other drive blah blah blah and put it in the broke machine I still get an error number 5 which I know what it means but I DID unlock it with the Evox disc in the working box first so do you have any ide what my problem is ?
Thanks

jokker

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (networkBoy @ Feb 15 2004, 06:35 PM)
so what would you make of an error 9 on a known good drive?  (put the drive in another box and it boots fine).  Just curious 'cause you don't say much about it.
I've got a box that with the OEM drive gives an error 7 (drive dead?) but when swapped with a 60 gig maxtor (which runs fine in any other box I have) it gives an error 9.

Any thoughts (beyond try another drive)?
-nB

Yeah i have a very similar problem....

I had put in a 20gig Maxtor in my xbox (1.3, x2.3mod) and it all worked fine then all of the sudden (after couple days) it started giving me Error 9 everytime.  If i put the original seagate in it not a single problom.

And you cant boot from the DVD drive if you get this error 9 so I cant test the drive in the Xbox anymore.

Hooked up to a pc the Maxtor works perfectly fine, full format and bad sector scan reveals no problems...but in an xbox i got nothing...

anyone else have thoughts or this problem?

-jokker

Hitmanfq

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

I get a error screen with no code can anyone help?

S1lenT_X

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »

Yay! Added under the general hardware faq pin!! Great job Ocnewb. I was especially grateful for the error 16 explanation. Very nice, and easy to understand!! Thanks *thumbs up.*

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2004, 04:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (S1lenT_X @ Sep 8 2004, 06:06 AM)
Yay! Added under the general hardware faq pin!! Great job Ocnewb. I was especially grateful for the error 16 explanation. Very nice, and easy to understand!! Thanks *thumbs up.*

Welcome :-) Always glad to help some ppl.
This forum has helped me also a lot of times :-)

darkplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »

I have 2 non-working, unmodded xbox.

First box frags red/green with no error #, with and with out the IDE connected. Can you guys give me a hint. I read that the eeprom may be bad?

Second box, frags red/green with an error 7. I managed to trouble shoot it to the hard drive with a known working pc HDD that gave me a different error #. I think I read that I have to burn a slayer disk and boot the box up with a modchip? I just downloaded slayer v2.6, will burn a disk and install matrix and see if it works out.

Also, did my first dvd (SD616T) mod. Powers up nicely and the ejects perfect. Can't wait to see if it works. Not bad for my first soldering job. biggrin.gif

darkplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2004, 03:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (darkplayer @ Sep 26 2004, 09:08 AM)

Second box, frags red/green with an error 7. I managed to trouble shoot it to the hard drive with a known working pc HDD that gave me a different error #. I think I read that I have to burn a slayer disk and boot the box up with a modchip? I just downloaded slayer v2.6, will burn a disk and install matrix and see if it works out.

Also, did my first dvd (SD616T) mod. Powers up nicely and the ejects perfect. Can't wait to see if it works. Not bad for my first soldering job. biggrin.gif

Got the second drive working biggrin.gif Modchip & slayer 2.6 took care of my fragging problems.

Having trouble with the modded sd616. The soldering went fairly easy. Might have to open her right up and expect my soldering. wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8