xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hard Drive Busted  (Read 949 times)

kripalkavi

• Archived User
Hard Drive Busted
« on: January 07, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

Hey dude,
              I live in India too and I just blew a brandnew XBox because the damn 220/110 Ac converter wouldnt work. Ay ideas on where I can get this serviced? Btw, I live in Bangalore, what about you? I have tons of games lying around just collecting dust.

u_n_s97

• Archived User
Hard Drive Busted
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(rahul696 @ Nov 30 2002, 02:32 AM) View Post

HI i bought an xbox a month ago,
3 days later the hdd started makin some grinding noise and got busted.
Took it to the dealer and he agreed that the hdd's busted,
im using an xecutor chip.
NOw the dealers makin me wait for his supplier to send him a new xbox hdd..
Is this possible?
does MS send out spares?
Please advice me on what to do...

also if it's possibe

I dont have a backup of the c and e drives
unfortunately i stay in INdia (im currently in singapore will b leaving from here in some 10 days) and i seem to be the only person who has and xbox here
:-(
PLease Please is it possible to upload the backup for me somewhere
i can even give u an ftp user/pass to upload 2

Thanks in advance

I don't know how M$ handles warranty problems over there, but I have doubts that they replace anything from a chiped Xbox. The HDD serial number has to match to the motherboard's S/N so puting the dead drive into another Xbox will not solve your problem. So I do not know how your supplier wants to swap that, would be a miracle if you ask me. It's a simple PC drive, why does your supplier not offer you another 8/10GB HDD and the problem would be solved. E drive is usually empty, except the TDATA and UDATA (game saves) the C drive contains the dash, get a Slayer disk or any install disk and install that yourself.

regards, Stephen

pS: a HDD that dies in 3 days probably was already dead or partially damaged. I think it would have been fair to swap the drive at once for free with no question... dry.gif

smokingmods

• Archived User
Hard Drive Busted
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

sounds more like you should be asking for a refund
original xbox hdd on a modded xbox? if you have to replace it, may as well up grade to larger one