xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Webserver Is In! Excellent!  (Read 115 times)

Lotmr

• Archived User
Webserver Is In! Excellent!
« on: November 16, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

Streaming server? On the XBMC? As in sharing a file from the box over the net? Would this work on a relax shared file? As in have the file on my PC being routed by the xbox over the net to my client at ______location?

mmm...many questions

Yoritomo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »

Yeah so far most everything I want is in.  

Except for DVDX style zoom and pan

Setting those up on the analog thumbsticks a la DVDX would be amazing.

senergy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 01:43:00 AM »

i think he is meaning a media server for your pc, like RELAX except reliable. alot of people, myself included are having major issue with relax and xbmc.
there is a competition for a single cross platform streaming server which should be finalised in a month or too.

Lotmr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

im having problems with RELAX too. I have to restart the server everytime i reconnect to it. Anyone else got this problem?

copter_

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

uhm .. i have never has any problems with relax .. at some point i used samba, but i founded it very unstable and changed to relax .. since then i have been very happy with it and there have been no problems with xbmc or xbmp. i run version 0.75 from relax in my windows xp pro computer that is connected using 100MB lan to my xbox.

ZWinFlame

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

The only thing that is in my wish list from a long time and would like to see implemented is the implementation of DVD Lib. That is to play DVD's through IFO's with menus.

Wish some of the devs could look into this, however I don't see that this is one of their development work on's.

chuddy117

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »

ZwinFlame, are we the only people looking for this DVD feature?  Why aren't the devs looking into this, is it not requested enough?  It seems like its the one thing XBMP is lacking right now, it does everything else fine for me.

copter_

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (chuddy117 @ Nov 18 2003, 04:46 AM)
ZwinFlame, are we the only people looking for this DVD feature?  Why aren't the devs looking into this, is it not requested enough?  It seems like its the one thing XBMP is lacking right now, it does everything else fine for me.

no you are not .. i'm also very much waiting for that feature. atm i'm using linux in my xbox to play dvd's with menus etc, but i would love to see this feature in xbmc. since xbmc is already using mplayer code, i guess there should be possibility to include this dvd menu code into xbmc as well (not really sure does mplayer contain this code, but xine at least do and they both are open source).

Palt

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lotmr @ Nov 17 2003, 03:30 AM)
Streaming server? On the XBMC? As in sharing a file from the box over the net?

No definitely not, I'm not interested in sharing files on my xbox other than over ftp.