xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Windows Xp For Legacy Pc's  (Read 670 times)

Evox117

• Archived User
Windows Xp For Legacy Pc's
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

I was just wondering If this could some how be manipulated for Xbox or any other purpose.

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/sa/bene...ndamentals.mspx

QUOTE(bink.nu)
Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs (WinFLP) requires:

* A minimum of 611 MB of free hard drive space. Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration and the applications and features you choose to install. Installing all optional components requires 1151 MB of disk space. These requirements are reported on the screen as you select options in the Setup wizard. Additional hard disk space may be required if you are installing over a network. Also, you should reserve additional space for future updates and service packs.
    * A computer with 233 megahertz or higher processor clock speed (300 MHz is recommended); Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor is recommended.
    * 64 MB of RAM. 256 MB of RAM is recommended.

Here is a Pic

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=originalcj7.png

can someone shed any light on this ?

truepal20032001

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

so in other words you are saying this os can be run in the xbox?...

Evox117

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

No I was just wondering from Some of the gurus around here if it could. I thought since this was made for comps with low end capabilites. Maybe it could be manipulated,edited...etc to work.

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »

You may well be able to run this on qemu, its requirements are indeed more modest. Try it.

neotigZ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »

I would like to know if this works. where would i be able to get that version of windows?

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(neotigZ @ Jan 4 2007, 06:29 AM) *

I would like to know if this works. where would i be able to get that version of windows?

It's available from an extended support programme for Windows volume licencees only. The idea is that when your NT4/2000/whatever systems stop being supported by MS, you can upgrade to XP Fundamentals if your hardware is too old to run the regular XP. There is no retail version or other version available to normal home users.