xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftp On Linksys E4200 Router  (Read 817 times)

electronut

• Archived User
Ftp On Linksys E4200 Router
« on: January 09, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »

Hey guys...I'm def not a noob to the original Xbox mods so know what I am doing. The problem Im pretty sure is with this router and the help at Cisco is absolutely terrible.

I can't seem to get any faster than 1 MB/s transfer rate with this router which is really bad. I usually get at least 10 MB/s through Evox or Avalaunch Dashboards. Slightly slower with XBMC. This router however is limiting me and I don't know why and can't figure out. The tech at Cisco  are clueless for FTP issues and had me waiste a ton of my time giving unecessary info. All they tried to do was adjust my MTU in settings of router but did nothing to improve. The router is solid and fast for normal WLAN and LAN use but I seem to have a problem with FTP.

Does someone know perhaps what I need to set or adjust or is there an issue with it?

electronut

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »

Nevermind...figured it out through playing with different router settings. Was so simple and stupid too. Got easily 8 MBPS through Evox, About 6-7 MPBS in Avalaunch, and XBMC always the worst at about 5 MBPS.

Not used to all the new features these newer routers have. Cisco Tech Support are idiots really.

Crispy3000

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »

UnleashX has best throughput I've found.  Avalaunch wigs out after large transfers somewhere down the line.  I've had odd problems with xbmc too.

Also routers don't make great switches.  Get a cheap switch 10/100 switch and connect to your router (via crossover cable or port) and xbox/pc to swtich.  Won't slow down internet access that way for others.

I get 10MB/s using filezilla to my xboxes.

Plus if you have two xboxs unleashx has a ftp client so you can transfer xbox->xbox over network.  
For large transfers I found pulling the data bugs out (misses files) where Pushing the data does not.