xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Yet Another Flashfxp Problem  (Read 437 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Yet Another Flashfxp Problem
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »

What dash are you running on the xbox when you try to FTP in?
Looks like a permissions error from the log you've posted. Either that, or a firewall is blocking some communication to the xbox. Any firewall software running on the PC?

Mobilenetworking

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »

I am ebay top seller. We are currently selling Achi IR 6000 or Pro Sc BGA reflow machine. Please ask for the price

Thanks

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »

Think about it - if you can ping the Xbox from your PC then it can't be the cable.

It seems we need to get back to basics. How is your Xbox connected to your PC - via a crossover cable, or through a switch / router? If you are connected via a swicth / router, are you using DHCP or manual IP addresses.

What is your Xbox IP address?

What is your PC IP address while connected to your Xbox?

Have you tried disabling your firewall?

Have you tried using Filezilla?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »

Disable your firewall. Takes a few seconds, and it's the most likely cause of your problem.

Also, try running XBMC or UnleashX, or try booting with HeXEn or AID (both use UnleashX), because they support passive FTP which is more firewall friendly.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

Out of interest, which firewall was it?

When you say "it won't let me lock a HDD", which "it" do you mean? Are you trying to lock the disk on a chipped / flashed Xbox, or are you using xboxhdm to lock the disk on a PC?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »

So you're using xboxhdm 1.9? The Biostar G41-M7 motherboard only has one IDE port, so you need to use xboxhdm 2.2 and boot from USB.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »

You need to read the xboxhdm 2.2 tutorial....... smile.gif

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »

Does the Xbox boot? If not, what is the error number? Which dash is it booting to? Is the LED above the network connection lit? Is it flashing occasionally? Have you manually set the IP address as before? Can you boot a rescue disc, like HeXEn?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »

The network LED? What are the IP addresses of the Xbox and the PC? Firewall turned off? Tried a different dash? What about a rescue disc?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 01:57:00 AM »

On the Xbox. It isn't that big, a couple of seconds of looking will reveal its location.

What about the other questions?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »

......and the other questions?

Futs6992

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »

I'm still waiting on a reply here. I'm stuck at this point and can't go any further until this is fixed. I even said screw it and unlocked my HDD to try and just directly plug it into my computer to put files on it, but it didn't work because the file system isn't recognized. PLEASE, can someone help me solve my FTP problem? I've been watching and reading tutorial after tutorial and posting topic's on forum sites all over the place. I just can't get it to work. HELP?!

I keep trying to ping the xbox and keep getting "Destination host unreachable" Not sure if this is helpful in diagnosing my problem, but figured it was worth mentioning.

robot3

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Futs6992 @ May 19 2011, 08:55 PM) View Post

I'm still waiting on a reply here. I'm stuck at this point and can't go any further until this is fixed. I even said screw it and unlocked my HDD to try and just directly plug it into my computer to put files on it, but it didn't work because the file system isn't recognized. PLEASE, can someone help me solve my FTP problem? I've been watching and reading tutorial after tutorial and posting topic's on forum sites all over the place. I just can't get it to work. HELP?!

I keep trying to ping the xbox and keep getting "Destination host unreachable" Not sure if this is helpful in diagnosing my problem, but figured it was worth mentioning.

sometimes shutting off the firewall will NOT work and that you HAVE to enable the xbox ip address as being allowed (sygate firewall was a good example. You HAD to make it an allowed rule (under advanced rules) otherwise even shutting the firewall program, it would not let the connection go through). SO allow the connection in your firewall and then see if it works (in your case it would be to allow the 192.168.0.3 address)