xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdat2 Messed My Drive  (Read 191 times)

RoninWarrior

• Archived User
Hdat2 Messed My Drive
« on: July 01, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »

Ok here is the low down, i have a 40 gig Western Digital (WD400) hard drive, i had accidently locked the drive with the wrong password (had 2 eeproms) well after locking the hard drive, for some reason it kept telling me eeprom couldnt be found (using xbhdm tool) even tho it was in the correct spot, so i used HDAT2 unlocked the HD and disabled password (as it said too) drive was unlocked, and seemed good to go, so went to lock it with the correct password for my xbox....

Well, the hard drive had relocked itself, and i thought oh well no biggie, i probably just didnt do it correctly, so i load HDAT2 back up (using the bootable iso version just an FYI) go to unlock the hard drive again, this time, the command gets aborted due to wrong password, (using the same password i unlocked it with just minuted ago) so i think ok maybe it went to default lock password which was as i read for most all WD hdds is WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD, still didnt work, i tried every password i could think of, nothing helped, nothing unlocked so now here i am, a week later, trying to get help (no this isnt my first rodeo ive been softmodding xboxs for a couple years now still a newbie but a newbie with experience, and this is the first time ive ran into this problem, nor have i found anyone else thats had this happen)... i am at a loss as to what to do, its as if the hard drive set a lock with no password, yet using no password does nothing to unlock it, anyone could help me atleast unlock this hard drive for free, as its only 40 gigs not worth the trouble to pay but worth the time to take to unlock for free, id appreciate it