xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Zxbtools Problems  (Read 78 times)

cricri_pingouin

• Archived User
Zxbtools Problems
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

I'm using ZXBTools v1.6a and have problems.

1 - Sometimes, when I create a MenuX multigame DVD to which I add ISOs, the program hangs during extraction, i.e. no HDD activity anymore while it says "extracting whatever-game" and uses 100% CPU.
2 - I thought "Fine, I'll extract the ISO with UltraISO and add the directory instead of the ISO". But when I try doing that, ZXBTools tells me "this directory doesn't contain default.xbe" when in fact default.xbe is damn well in the directory. IT does so for all the games I tried, and yes, each time default.xbe is indeed in the folder among the files extracted with UltraISO.

As a result, in some cases, it becomes impossible to create the DVD ISO. Anyone has any input on either (or both) issues described above please? TIA!

cricri_pingouin

• Archived User
Zxbtools Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »

I tried sending an email to the email address provided on the official page, [email protected], and it bounced back sad.gif

cricri_pingouin

• Archived User
Zxbtools Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »

Ok, I found a way around when using ISOs that ZXBtools don't like:
1 - I do everything nornmally until it crashes, then kill the process
2 - I flush the directory of the game it crashed
3 - Using UltraISO, I extract the ISO to the directory
4 - If it crashed before the last game, I create the folders not created, e.g. Game3, Game4
5 - Using UltraISO again, I extract the games to go in the folders I just created that ZXBtools didn't do since it crashed
6 - When I finished, I use UltraISO again to build an XBOX ISO from the whole C:\temp1 directory

I then burn the ISO, delete the C:\Temp1 and zxbtools\XDVD directories, delete the files in zxbtools\Temp, and I'm ready for the next one.

It sucks, but at least I can make it to work. And it's still much faster than trying ZXBtools over and over again, having to start from scratch each time, and never getting an ISO done.