xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Mobo 1.6 Perhaps?  (Read 28 times)

onlygirlwithxbox

• Archived User
New Mobo 1.6 Perhaps?
« on: January 03, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »

I just bought an xbox from walmart and noticed some subtle differences on the mobo and thought I would share it here.  It might be a new mobo, not sure.

It has a Western Digital hd, Samsung dvdrom.  It's an ST chip.  I thought it was a 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 but the strange thing about it is that the bottom of the mobo, the usual point I bridge is not there.  It looks like a 1.0/1.1 on the bottom with the normal point that you would bridge in the 1.0/1.1 systems.  Is this a new version 1.6 perhaps or just a very weird 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS.  by the way, just to verify, only the 2 points in the picture below needs to be soldered if you have a 1.2 or newer?
 <

ybothers

• Archived User
New Mobo 1.6 Perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

can you give us the serial info? and is it a bundle?  <

stanneh

• Archived User
New Mobo 1.6 Perhaps?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

it sounds like one of the many repacked xbox's i have been getting their 1.1's i have seen anywhere up to around 10 of these in the last 2 months with the midtown madness 3 and the pgr2 packages i have seen many different types repacked actually over the last 2 months it could be anything simple enough to tell have a look at the power connector for the mobo inside the 1.0 and 1.1 look like an old at power supply clip whereas 1.2 to 1.5 look the same as atx power supply connector.  <