xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: All Of A Sudden...ftp To Xbox Very Slow  (Read 59 times)

rotto420

• Archived User
All Of A Sudden...ftp To Xbox Very Slow
« on: November 30, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

I've experienced the same problem starting two weeks ago and haven't found a working solution.  Some folks have said it might have something to do with SP2 for winXP...while others have said it's the NIC settings (auto-neg vs. 100mbs full vs. 100mbs half.  I also read that zone alarms can cause problems too.  I've tried it all with no improvements.  I've tried every possible FTP client, turned off all firewalls, and tried various settings on my NIC.  What gives?

I used to xfr files at 5-7Mb/s from PC->XBOX, but now it's crawling at less than 200Kb/s!!

thug

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »

Well...I guess the best thing to do is to just keep trying things.  My fix was finally learning how to set up the static IPs for the PC and Xbox (yes I know every tutorial ever written says to use static but dynamic worked well right out of the gates for me).  Not sure why using dynamic IPs was working so well in the first place...but it sure worked like crap after a couple of weeks.  Anyway I was tranferring in the range of 5-6mb/s after setting this up...frustration over!

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

Try reading the tutorial in my sig.  I have some suggestions there.

mikenam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

reseting my computer always speed up the transfer for me