xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xtoolbox_v0.41  (Read 56 times)

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Xtoolbox_v0.41
« on: October 21, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (xdudes @ Oct 21 2003, 08:25 PM)
I'm trying to access My Computer through XToolBox. Problem is I don't know what to put in the Username and Password in the Host.ini file.  Would the Username be my computer name in my network and the password the network name. Am I even close.  I successfully got it to work tranferring files from xbox to xbox.  Any help would be appreciated.

xToolBox is among other things, an FTP client, that can be used to access the files on your computer. However, to get this working, you'll have to be running an FTP server on your computer.

When you have set this up, you have to create user accounts that the FTP server should grant access for. Such user accounts has a user name and a password. This user name and password have to be put in the host.ini file (or added via xToolBox's menu).

BUT, you should really move over to Avalaunch, since xToolBox has been merged into it.
The file manager/FTP client is in fact xToolBox with lots of bug fixes and additions.

biggrin.gif

bong888

• Archived User
Xtoolbox_v0.41
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 08:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (^Blazed^ @ Oct 22 2003, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (xdudes @ Oct 21 2003, 08:25 PM)
I'm trying to access My Computer through XToolBox. Problem is I don't know what to put in the Username and Password in the Host.ini file.  Would the Username be my computer name in my network and the password the network name. Am I even close.  I successfully got it to work tranferring files from xbox to xbox.  Any help would be appreciated.

xToolBox is among other things, an FTP client, that can be used to access the files on your computer. However, to get this working, you'll have to be running an FTP server on your computer.

When you have set this up, you have to create user accounts that the FTP server should grant access for. Such user accounts has a user name and a password. This user name and password have to be put in the host.ini file (or added via xToolBox's menu).

BUT, you should really move over to Avalaunch, since xToolBox has been merged into it.
The file manager/FTP client is in fact xToolBox with lots of bug fixes and additions.

biggrin.gif

how do i create a ftp server on my pc so i can do this?
can i use flash fxp?
if so how do i create a user name and password?