xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Re-soft Mod  (Read 218 times)

Wolf57

• Archived User
Re-soft Mod
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »

I was playing Wolfenstein Tides of War on my V1 softmodded XBOX and it 'updated' my dashboard at which time I had no dash and what dash I had was only the 'XBOX Live' section of the MS Dash. I didn't get excited or freak. I inserted my Halo 2 and it updated my MS Dash to 5960 and I attempted to access my softmod. My MS Dash is fine but I can not access my softmod. No Problem, I'll just re-softmod. I inserted Splinter Cell but when I went to the Profile 'Linux' and to Check Points it just rebooted Splinter Cell and does not execute the softmod. At this point I tried deleting all of the softmod files and re-saved the two Sid 5 files but with the same results. Now I seem to have a perfectly good xbox that is not softmodded and will no longer submit to a softmod. Does anyone Have any suggestions? I have heard of this happening to others but they were all about "My XBOX is Broke!" My XBOX is fine. It is a V1 with a 5960 MS Dash that has been softmodded before and does not seem to want to softmod again.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Re-soft Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »

Were you playing from a disc, or from the hard drive?

Have you deleted all of the other Splinter Cell gamesaves?

Try the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave installer instead of SID.

When you do get it working, make sure you install a softmod with shadow C support.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Mar 1 2012, 02:59 AM

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Re-soft Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »

Interesting problem - what to do if the game Splinter Cell saves aren't working? The obvious first step is to exclude the possibility that the game saves you have been using aren't corrupted in some way.

You need to download guaranteed 100% clean Splinter Cell exploit/installer game saves. Get them to your Xbox (memory card/working USB), delete and replace the ones you are using are try again.

Fingers crossed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by fallenangle: Mar 1 2012, 04:05 PM