xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cannot Connect To The Internet  (Read 69 times)

theunbound1

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To The Internet
« on: February 23, 2006, 05:07:00 AM »

blink.gif  i've had this issue randomly with avalaunch.  i'm not sure its the dashboards problem.  if you can see the rss feed and it connect to xbins on the bottom right for a split second when ava boots up, then i dont see why it wont connect to update.  sometimes mine works and sometimes it doesnt. its very annoying.

seymore

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

does your router have a built in firewall or your PC have one? If so add the IP range 192.168.123.1 - 192.168.123.200(Trusted) ...see if that works.

theunbound1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:49:00 AM »

dangit, ya know i just fixed this prob in my avalaunch and now it all works good again.  now if i can just remember what i did...

1.  i got really pizzed off and deleted avalaunch via ftp
2.  got banned while trying to download newest avalaunch from xbins cause when i would click on 1 zip file flash fxp would want to download the entire directory.(why..i dont know)
3 . got even more PO'd
5. Used the newest Autoinstaller3.0 i got from torrents and ftp'd to borrow avalaunch from it and stick it back on drive c:
6. learned how to mess with xml and changed all the settings back so i could have my rotating cube of media center/music playing/and alt dash listings...again
7. learned that there is a program called avaconfig that could have been much easier to use than writing xml
7a. Watched Stargate.
8. noticed that i was using an older version of X2ool to config my bios settings so i couldnt see my Xbox logo at boot anymore..
9. got newest version of X2ool for newest X2 bios i was using and fixed Xbox logo(must delete any config file first...X2bios will create its own default one)
10.  booted avalaunch and messed with everything
10a. Kicked the cat.
11.  made sure that DHCP was enabled and turned it off and on several times...also messed with all the other settings on network setup screen just cause i felt like it.
12.  booted into my ModChip's OS(xenium) and restarted/reinitiated the network.
12a. took a dump.
13.  booted back into avalaunch and now all my internet functions work again..and have been ever since.

if i was going to figure it out again, i think i would first go into avalaunch settings and make sure that network and dhcp are both enabled..i might even change them and then change them back to enabled just to make sure...then i hit the y button for no particular reason.  then i would shut down the xbox and start it back up to the mod chip OS screen where i would go ahead and tell it to restart/reinitialize(whatever) the network...then i would reboot and see if i could get it to read updates...i wouldnt install any unless they were newer though...i learned that is bad to update if your already at the highest revision.