xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Find My X360 Dvd-rom  (Read 85 times)

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
Can't Find My X360 Dvd-rom
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »

First off, this isn't the original DVD-Rom for the XBox. I'm trying to use my system to extract the orig.bin and save it to my computer. I've got the Modification Disc 1.5 because my computer is too lame to USB boot and the VIA VT6421 Sata Card. I found the range of the SATA Card (DC00) and type it in when it indicates to type it in. I turn the XBox 360 on, it's plugged into the SATA Card. Turn on the computer and it starts to boot up the Disc. I follow the instructions, type "yes," then range and when it tells me to select the device it only gives me the IDE DVD Drive. It doesn't say anything about finding a device on the SATA Card. I need help if anyone can offer it.

Also, I'm pretty tech savy, to a certain extent, but does each port for the SATA Card have a different range?

The computer I'm trying it on is a Dell Dimension 4500 (Bios A03). The PCI SATA Card (VT6421), which has 3 SATA Ports.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

I couldnt get the 1.52 mod disk to work but JungleFlasher worked for me in windows with no problems. You could try that.

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

Of course as I wrote this and tried it soon after it worked. I found another tutorial stating that I should plug in the SATA Cable to the port closest to the front of the computer and that was what did it. As soon as I did that, repeated the steps it worked perfectly. I tried almost everything last night, except that... blink.gif Oh well, I'm glad it worked.

Edit: Ok, just checked my orig.bin, but it says it is 0 bytes. Is that the size the file should be?

DemisesAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »

Ok, I did the boot cd again. This time turning off the XBox 360 instead of just unplugging the power cable to the drive. That worked. Got a 60 KB file and all is well... jester.gif