xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question: Using 2 Consoles (stock & Banned)  (Read 540 times)

sandeman22

• Archived User
Question: Using 2 Consoles (stock & Banned)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(erod550 @ Nov 8 2009, 02:06 AM) View Post

No, your new stock 360 will not be banned by using the hard drive from the banned box.

Guess again: Just got of the phone with xbox-support, they cant give any guarantee that my new not modded xbox will not be banned by recovering my gamertag from the banned one

honestly i have not a clue what to do, if i buy a new membership i loose M$-points / gamertag / gamedata
if i switch HD between boxes the chance is that the not modded will be banned and i have to buy a new console... wink.gif

TemperTantrum

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »

Just add to this thread incase people dont know:

Concerning your banned console with the HDD attatched....  Do NOT run any of the games you have saves for once the console is banned. It will corrupt them.  

If you want to make sure your saves are safe.  Only thing you can do is take the HDD off, plonk it on your new xbox, delete the GT, recover it via Live, and your saves will all work fine. Only time your saves are made corrupt is if you have played the game on the banned box AFTER the ban hit.

TemperTantrum

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »

Here is what I'm doing for running both:

I want to beable to keep getting my achievments and use my games saves on 'backups'.  Only way you can do this safely for now, is to have a modded and unbanned box kept offline.  I will keep my 120g HD attatched to this box when I'm playing 'backups' ect.  For online games and Live, I'm keeping a legit box for that and moving the HD to it when I use it.

Best of both worlds really.

CHLSE

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(TemperTantrum @ Nov 10 2009, 06:14 PM) View Post

Just add to this thread incase people dont know:
Concerning your banned console with the HDD attatched....  Do NOT run any of the games you have saves for once the console is banned. It will corrupt them.  

If you want to make sure your saves are safe.  Only thing you can do is take the HDD off, plonk it on your new xbox, delete the GT, recover it via Live, and your saves will all work fine. Only time your saves are made corrupt is if you have played the game on the banned box AFTER the ban hit.

That sucks. Played à savegame of
mw2 i had 3 maps left to finish it on veteran. Now i have to start al over again. Is this for all games now?? I also almost finished assasins creed 100% goddamn and with pes i almost got THE ultimate plager achievements. That almost 100 hours of gaming. Please tell me that this save data is still save!!!!???!!!!!

pesaddict

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(CHLSE @ Nov 10 2009, 10:33 PM) View Post

Thnx for The replys. I ordered 2 new consoles. Mod
one and THE other stays stock!! For online gaming. Sell my other one so it wont Cost me that much!! In THE mean time i stop gaming on my 360. I almost finished mw2 on veteran but i finish that on THE new consoles. Now i will dust off my ps3!! Wow its shiny black!!! I almost forgot.

Damn already frustated by the anoying controller!!!
That sucks. Played à savegame of
mw2 i had 3 maps left to finish it on veteran. Now i have to start al over again. Is this for all games now?? I also almost finished assasins creed 100% goddamn and with pes i almost got THE ultimate plager achievements. That almost 100 hours of gaming. Please tell me that this save data is still save!!!!???!!!!!

iam in the same boat as you mate but ave just started playing mw2 got about 5 achievements was hoping i could buy an arcade and pop my hdd on that and everything would be ok but sounds of things it not looking good

gizbug

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

So if one has a banned 360...buying an arcade, transfering that hd to the new arcade (non-modded) and recovering gametag is not the safest way to get a new unmodded system up and running?

foxhunt99

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

So the banned console only corrupt the saved files if you access them? So the other saved files are safe as long as I don't touch them?

CHLSE

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(foxhunt99 @ Nov 10 2009, 10:41 PM) View Post

So the banned console only corrupt the saved files if you access them? So the other saved files are safe as long as I don't touch them?

i Hope so. I go insane if everything is
corrupted. Then i Throw
my brand new 360
out THE window!!

PerfectCell

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »

What about creating a new save after being banned

For example if there was a game I had not played before and I made a new save for it on a banned console, would that save work or would it be seen as corrupt later in future?

And sorry I didnt quite understand previous posts, If my console is banned and i do not play any games on it which I have saved, then go to a legit console, delete and recover my gamertag, then put that HDD back into my banned console no saves will be corrupt?

Sms4001

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(TemperTantrum @ Nov 10 2009, 06:14 PM) View Post

Can anyone else confirm this? if this is true I am happy again.. I never got around to finishing all the fallout 3 DLC and if i lose my 65+ hour save I will be  grr.gif  grr.gif

CK0

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »

Guys I just wanted to post my story:

1 console banned from long time ago (during Halo 3 beta w/ backup of Crackdown disc)
1 clean console

I only play legit retail games on the clean console.  
After reading all the threads, pages and pages, I just decided to try and see what happens.

I hadn't logged onto LIVE with the clean console in months, so I had I to update the console a few times (2 I think).  Anyway, it's definitely up to date.  During this time of course, my sole HDD was on the clean console.

After the update, I plugged my HDD back into my banned box to boot up a backup, and of course it tells me that I have to install the latest update in order to even play this backup.  Never had this before, so it was definitely due to the update on my clean box (something must have transferred onto the HDD).

Anyway, I get on, and everything is fine.  So I make some progress and save.  Then I switch back to the clean console and boot up a retail game again.  But the key thing here is that I make some progress and save the game on the clean console, before logging into LIVE.  I never log into LIVE automatically.  I was able to update my gamerscore no problem, after logging into LIVE.

Here another thing, I was playing backup of game X, and then bought game X retail later on.  I always make progress and save on the clean console before logging into LIVE.  So that the console ID of the gamesave would be one that is not blacklisted (banned).

I have been switched back and forth all night, from clean to modded(banned), and so far no corruption.  Of course I will update if anything changes.
Pages: 1 [2]