xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sc4: Double Agent  (Read 312 times)

VOlition

• Archived User
Sc4: Double Agent
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

I'm a big splinter cell fan, and I am so hyped for the September release however I think it's got not getting enough attention it deserves is because it was delayed. It was supposed to come out near the 360 release and they delayed it till september therefore it is receiving tough competition by big shot games such Gears of War, Too Human etc.... Also, it would of been better if Double Agent was exclusive for Xbox 360.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(VOlition @ May 13 2006, 01:21 PM) View Post

I'm a big splinter cell fan, and I am so hyped for the September release however I think it's got not getting enough attention it deserves is because it was delayed. It was supposed to come out near the 360 release and they delayed it till september therefore it is receiving tough competition by big shot games such Gears of War, Too Human etc.... Also, it would of been better if Double Agent was exclusive for Xbox 360.

Are you sure about that? There would have only been a few months between Chaos Theory launch and Sc 4? That doesnt sound right and I dont recall SC 4 being mentioned for a Launch Window title. I guess my memory is shot.

LOL and what happened to War Devil, another year and nothing. Thats going to be this decades Duke 4ever  laugh.gif

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=133227

It was originaly supposed to be comming out march when Graw came out.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(VOlition @ May 13 2006, 01:54 PM) View Post

computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=133227

It was originaly supposed to be comming out march when Graw came out.

I guess we have different ideas of how time is measured  smile.gif I thought you meant launch window or atleast close to it.

To me, "coming out near the 360 release" isnt 4 months later.

GRAW was supposed to be launch and got delayed. Which game do you release in March now that Recon get delayed? Recon or Splinter?

Recon ofcourse because thats what people have been waiting for, and Chaos Theory is still fresh in the minds of gamers.

Even IF SC 4 was ready(yeah right), they'd never launch it for 2 reasons...

They wouldnt launch 2 of their big hitters within weeks of one another..

and they wanted the 360 install base to be much bigger.

Recon being delayed till March had a lot to do with it Im sure. I could be wrong though, usually am  pop.gif

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

Thanks, your right my bad for not phrasing it right. I should of rephrased that Splinter Cell 4 was comming soon for the 360 and it makes sense that Graw came out instead of Splinter cell 4. Your never wrong, what are you talking about  biggrin.gif ! I'm the one with the bad memory here  dry.gif .

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(VOlition @ May 13 2006, 02:48 PM) View Post

Thanks, your right my bad for not phrasing it right. I should of rephrased that Splinter Cell 4 was comming soon for the 360 and it makes sense that Graw came out instead of Splinter cell 4. Your never wrong, what are you talking about  biggrin.gif ! I'm the one with the bad memory here  dry.gif .

Im never wrong when it concerns kutaragi being an ass, Im wrong with other things though  laugh.gif

ikecomp

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(VOlition @ May 13 2006, 12:21 PM) View Post

blink.gif What other systems/platforms is it supposed to debut on

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »

lol.

I'm assuming that Double Agent isn't an exclusive because the other splinter series debutted for all game consoles (ps2, xbox, gamecube....)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »

yeah SCDA is coming to ALL consoles last gen and next... I wouldn't even be supprised if they had watered down portable versions planned.

IIRC Ubi Montreal is designing and building the game for Xbox 1, PS2, and GameCube and Ubi Shanghai is porting it to Xbox 360 (not so much porting but rebuilding from the ground up based on the game Montreal designed)

Not sure who is handling the other versions, it should be interesting to see how it turns out.

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: May 14 2006, 02:26 AM

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

i dont think this game looks that good. i mean all that looks different to me is that its new maps. the gameplay itself and how he moves is all the same. i guess graw was also. i will probably get this game tho, huge splinter cell fan.

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »

Not hyped at all.

Graphics look nice but it's same old, same old.

Whistle, draw the guard, kill him. Get in crappy gun fight that doesn't compare to gun fights in other games with good and fun shootouts.

Like Gear's of War, I'd only be interested in the multiplayer.
Pages: 1 [2]