xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Do So Like Riding A Horse, And They Are Some Mean Horses...  (Read 92 times)

hardcandy

• Archived User

One of the most pleasurable things for me so far is riding a horse through the country side.
And the horse I was given at the abby is a mean little roan. It has killed about 6 wolves so far. Plus the first wolf to attack, I thought I was helping and took a swing with the sword, and I must have hit that horse, after it klled the wolf, it came after me and killed me (silly me thought we could make up and be friends).
Since then, I let the horse deal with the wolves and we are best buddies. Found a lot of interesting places riding through the countryside. And ran over a few bandit elves.
And so far the Oblivion game has made the horse riding fairly realistic.
Now I just need a girlfiriend, I do have my eye on one of those female elves but all she wants to do is talk.
Hope "real life" woman doesn't find out, I'd either lose the Xbox360 or have to go to therapy.
 "Listen doc, I know those Oblivion women aren't real, I just start feeling like a cowboy who hasn't had a squaw in a while, electronically speaking that is,  and I'm not into Brokeback Mountain stuff." That would probably go over like a lead balloon, and I would need some sort of prescription filled to keep the therapist and my girlfriend happy.  laugh.gif  

Master X

• Archived User
I Do So Like Riding A Horse, And They Are Some Mean Horses...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »

laugh.gif  pop.gif

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »

I didn't realize that the horses would fight.  I always jumped off and tried to defend them before anything happened to em.   Will they fight with you still on their back?  How do you heal them?

hardcandy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

I think they fight only if you are off and somethng like a wolf attacks them.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 29 2006, 01:52 PM) View Post

I didn't realize that the horses would fight.  I always jumped off and tried to defend them before anything happened to em.   Will they fight with you still on their back?  How do you heal them?

I have tons and tons of potions that let me "heal other", Im assuming those would work?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

I didnt think we could do that in this game?

I miss banging the mayor in fable  jester.gif and my other 2 wives, nothing like free armor for a job well done when you come home from a quest smile.gif

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 29 2006, 02:14 PM) View Post

I didnt think we could do that in this game?

I miss banging the mayor in fable  jester.gif and my other 2 wives, nothing like free armor for a job well done when you come home from a quest smile.gif

Ahh, I also miss banging Lady Grey too. This is one part that Oblivion should have.  happy.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(lowendfrequency @ Mar 29 2006, 01:52 PM) View Post

your horse automatically heals when you enter a town and the horse is put into a stable.  so when its low just teleport to any town with a stable, when the notice comes at the top of the screen that the horse is in the stable it should be all ok

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »

I forgot what the main town was but I killed everysingle person and bough every house. Using a trainer of course. Damn I miss my modded Xbox biggrin.gif

saunders73

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Mar 29 2006, 05:50 PM) View Post

I forgot what the main town was but I killed everysingle person and bough every house. Using a trainer of course. Damn I miss my modded Xbox biggrin.gif

i think its called bowerstone or something, but man those were good times i owned every single house and building in the game with the help of my trainer

ps- i killed that brokeback teacher the second i saw a heart above his head

Strangelove1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 11:45:00 AM »

How can you tell when your horse is low on health?  Do they have a healthbar that I'm missing?  The other day I was running from a troll (thanks to Oblivion's fabulous leveling system) and the troll hit the back of the horse with an uppercut, and the horse literally flew ten feet in the air and died, sending me to the ground to be pummeled.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(saunders73 @ Mar 29 2006, 05:37 PM) View Post

i think its called bowerstone or something, but man those were good times i owned every single house and building in the game with the help of my trainer

ps- i killed that brokeback teacher the second i saw a heart above his head

You are smart man, yes it was called bowerstone.

420gamer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(hardcandy @ Mar 29 2006, 10:07 AM) View Post

Now I just need a girlfiriend, I do have my eye on one of those female elves but all she wants to do is talk.

This should be shared, many times, hang on to the end of the video for the girlfriend.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=506526

AClayeJ

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

Shadowmere can't die. He can only be knocked out. He'll attack anyone that attacks you.