xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New To Skinning  (Read 235 times)

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
New To Skinning
« on: February 24, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

I want to replace some icons and backgrounds in a skin but I can't figure out how to add or replace them in the textures.xpr.  What can I do to make my Icons show up in the skins?

timdog82001

• Archived User
New To Skinning
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »

The easiest route would be to download xpr express, extract the XPR file you want to build off of using XPR express, find the images you want to replace in the skin, replace them with the new images, using the same exact name and filetype (.png, .jpg, etc.) and then recompress it using XPR express, and renaming it so you don't overwirte the original (unless of course you want to do that)

TheLos

• Archived User
New To Skinning
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

Thats kind of what i suggested, but most skins, older ones in particular, are not unprotected (also known as "protected" heh), and so this wouln't work. What about when the XPR is protected?

CHI3f

• Archived User
New To Skinning
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

As a temporary solution you could find the image control in the xml and change the name then put that image in the media folder.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
New To Skinning
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Feb 24 2007, 05:00 PM) View Post

As a temporary solution you could find the image control in the xml and change the name then put that image in the media folder.

The easiest way to do it would be to look in the XML, find the image name(s), pack your own image(s) (with the same file name) into an XPR with XPR express, and select it as a skin theme.