xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lpc Holes Filled - Which Versions?  (Read 57 times)

novakpower

• Archived User
Lpc Holes Filled - Which Versions?
« on: February 05, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(zagnuttt4 @ Feb 5 2006, 10:32 PM) View Post

Hi guys.. got another question for you.  I've modded several 1.6's now, so I know the LPC holes are clear on these.  I was wondering which other versions have the LPC holes filled, which holes are filled on those versions (if not all), and if I'm installing a pinheader, and removing the solder from the holes..  Should I usually only remove the solder from the holes I am using, or should I usually remove the solder from all of the holes?  Say, for example, on a pinheader install for a DuoX2 Lite.  Thanks guys...     -Chris

Versions 1.0 and some 1.1s have soldered filled LPCs.  I usually remove the solder from the areas I need.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 02:05:00 AM »

On a 1.5 pin 2 is not grounded on the LPC so that is why it shows point A connected to a ground spot.
Its easier just to solder a wire from pin 2 on the LPC to ground and use the pinheader as you would normally on the chip.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

Yes just solder a wire on the bottom of the mobo between pin 2 and a metal ring round the screw hole.

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

v1.5's are pretty rare, are you sure you have a 1.5?  Easiest way to check if it is a v1.4 or 1.5 is to take your multimeter and check pin 2 with the screw plating for resistence.  If you ahve no resistence then it is a 1.4, if there is full resistence then it is a 1.5.
  And as far as solder filled holes, you only find them in v1.0 and some 1.1's, no others.

Julius Pleaser

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

very rare, I have done 100+ installs and have yet to do a single 1.5.  And I have done many of every other version.

zagnuttt4

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

That's good to know...  Heck all's I've ever really seen is 1.6's anywhere.  In fact I don't think I've ever seen one so far that isn't a 1.6.  Older versions must be in high demand for modders..  1.6's aren't really hard though.  I'm kind of starting to enjoy the extra soldering...