xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backing Up A Game That Is Bigger Then 4.7  (Read 90 times)

Couger

• Archived User
Backing Up A Game That Is Bigger Then 4.7
« on: January 20, 2003, 05:15:00 AM »

Use a program like Winrar to split it in to smaller chunks and then burn to CDr's or DVDr's. that should do it

Hope i helped

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 07:16:00 AM »

That's probably the least functional (though the most thorough) way to back it up.

Most people make it fit onto a single DVD-R.  Nearly all games that are over 4.7 GB require you to downsample a couple cinematics only slightly or to delete cinematics altogether (e.g., in Genma Onimusha I deleted all the Japanese cinematics and left the English ones there).  Also, if you see demos for other games, you can usually delete those quite easily without effecting the game itself.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »

smile.gif

kickassdude

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

hes saying put it on 2 discs and copy both discs into 1 dir on your hd

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 08:33:00 PM »

smile.gif kickassdude...

Sorry.. forgot to mention that.  Said it enough times in some of the other "how to backup MGS2 threads" that I'm getting kinda sick of repeating myself.  Plus.. I'm sure I mentioned it in passing in the GUIDE

BTW, enmortal13,  assassinmunky.. consider using the SEARCH option.. we've got a half dozen of the MGS2 threads.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »

laugh.gif

I had backed up my copy which was NTSC, and I've heard PAL is different, so bear that in mind.  In the cinematics folder, you'll see similar file names, like b2j11.bik and b2j11-e.bik.  I forget exactly what the filenames were because it was like 6 mos. ago I backed this up and played it, but I remember the premise was that the file with the "-e" suffix is the English cinematic, and the other is the Japanese cinematic.  Because I don't speak or understand Japanese, nor do I know anyone that does, I deleted the Japanese cinematics altogether.  The game played fine as long as you play the game in English.  I would imagine that if you played the game in Japanese, you would see a black screen in place of the cinematics, and you would have to hit Start to proceed to the next part of the game.