xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Respray  (Read 70 times)

gcskate27

• Archived User
Respray
« on: January 19, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »

so yeah what would a typical respraying cost? and any places youd recommend or is it more like a local business thing?

any comments appreciated...

beerchug.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Respray
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

A lot of companies offer varying levels of quality for varying prices. It really depends on what you want your vehichle to look like and hw long you want it to last. For a couple hundred bucks Maaco will paint your car and it's gaurenteed for a year or 2. If it looks like shit 3 years later have it repainted as it's not that expensive. They really don't do that bad a job. I've had a few friends get jobs from them before they sell their cars. Looked nice to me.

I plan on having my truck repainted this summer. I simply hate the color. I hope that for under a grand I can get a realnice job done in a metallic blue paint job.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Respray
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

As mentioned above, it really depends on what level of integrity you want.  You could spend thousands of dollars and get a factory style paint job that will last you for a number of years provided you take care of it.  Or if you don't mind investing a couple of hundred bucks every few years, Macco might be the way to go.  In fact it might be a better way to go if you like the idea of changing your color out every so often.  I will probably go the Macco route just before I get rid of my RX-7.  The paint has faded on it so bad that I am almost embarrassed to drive it.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Respray
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

yeah my cars paint is fucked but the car isnt even worth the $1000's itd take for a crazy paintjob... guess ill check out macco or some other local shops... thanks...  smile.gif

fishlord

• Archived User
Respray
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »

If you want to go with flat black you could rattle can it... I dont know if I would try it with a different color though.

SupraKid

• Archived User
Respray
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

You get what you pay for with a paint job... but as you said, if your car is not even worth $1000, then get a maaco job  tongue.gif

They last for about a year, give or take, before the paint starts showing signs of wear.. the cheap clearcoat starts peeling off the paint, if they even used any.. I went with a quick maaco job on my old beater car..regretted it after a year

xSpiralx

• Archived User
Respray
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

Maaco lays really good paint actually, but they are reconginzed for laying shitty paint as many would think, it is actually their total lack of prep work. You drop a car off at maaco, they spend their two hours of body work stripping the car down, scuff the old paint and spray right over it, now when you take a car to a reputable body shop they charge in upwards of $3,000 for a complete paint job because they take the time and do the necessary body work, they will block the whole car work out high and slow spots in the panels etc.