xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blank Screen  (Read 52 times)

jason87

• Archived User
Blank Screen
« on: February 02, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

Hi,

My cousin's xbox recently started showing "No signal" after being switched on, after a few seconds it would then display the three red lights.

Today I fitted the x-clamp fix for him, to which it did not work. I unplugged the fan and let it overheat and show just two red lights, then powered down the console and let it cool down. Ater turning the console back on the same thing happened.

I have also tried different TV's, changing HDMI cables, standard VGA cables etc.

I am out of ideas, can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jason

Fuzionart

• Archived User
Blank Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »

What is the secondary error code?  If you do not know how to get it google it.  There are plenty of tutorials on pulling the secondary error code.

jason87

• Archived User
Blank Screen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »

I get the error code 0230

Thanks,

Jason.

Legacy22X

• Archived User
Blank Screen
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »

I couldn't find much, if any info on that error code. The most I found was "unknown" and a mention of a "false RRoD". I have a very similar problem to yours. Mine has no video or audio but has not RRoD yet. I'm sure it soon will.

boganath

• Archived User
Blank Screen
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »

same here mate.. my 360 turns on but with no audio/video and then after about 30-40 secs my 360 RROD's

error code is 0022..

ive tried everything i know and nothings fixed it

haris2887

• Archived User
Blank Screen
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

0022 is the worst error, i remember back in the day i screwed up a few 360 by heatgunning incorrectly...

pretty much you have a bridge solder under the CPU/GPU.ram...

i currently have one which has a 0022 might try to reflow is and see if  that fixex the problem...

ToBbErT

• Archived User
Blank Screen
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 03:59:00 AM »

Imo the oven fix is better then using the heatgun.It just needs some good preperation.