xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cannot Get My 360 To Recognize  (Read 28 times)

jeff1649

• Archived User
Cannot Get My 360 To Recognize
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »

I am completely new at this.  My friend usually does most of my stuff to the system, but after he fixed the 3 rings problem, we encountered a new one.  Error 64 which says bad firmware.  Is this fixable?  I have tried to hook the Sata cord up and run slax, but it does not recognize my system.  The dvd drive runs, but will not eject.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?  Once again, I did read through other posts, but none really guided me unless I passed over something.  Any type of help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks

Jeff

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Cannot Get My 360 To Recognize
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

You must have a short on your SST chip.  Check it.  If you did a mod to it, you may have shorted a wire or something.  If it is still covered with glue or is at least untouched, then you may have another problem.  

At the very worst, you could just get a new DVD Drive, hook up the old one to your PC thru SATA, get the drive key, the flash the new one with your drive key that you got from the original drive.  There are tuts here for how to do this, or you can just google it.