xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gentoox Issues  (Read 53 times)

crazy8

• Archived User
Gentoox Issues
« on: January 24, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

Ok i just installed the newest version of Gentoox on my BOX and everything pretty much works fine up till i boot it. Here is what happens.

I select FATX

Booting Gentoox...

Boot: Loading Kernel '/vmlinuz'...   [ok]
Boot: Loading initrd '/initrdgz'...      [ok]

Then at bottom of screen it says "Starting Gentoox" and after awhile it goes away then nothing happens.I have so far seen the "boot menu" screen once.WHats the problom and why is it so sloooooooow and wont boot?

bucko

• Recovered User
Gentoox Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 02:07:00 AM »

Download the latest Gentoox Loader

http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php?nam...wdownload&cid=6

Does your DVD Drive work? If not then try the Xbox Linux Cromwell bios at

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xbox-li...tar.gz?download

crazy8

• Archived User
Gentoox Issues
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

well i have the loader. i did the install to my HD and i did the flash to one of my BIOS Banks. so what i am doing is ill boot up to Evox and launch it from there and sometimes i will flip my switches and boot off the flash i did for Gentoox.Neither works and i get the same results from both. which is when i boot up to Gentoox i get the first screen and i select FATX.Now if i get past that screen i am given another to either select SPARKLE or GENTOOX. well at that screen no matter what i have never gotten past that. So im not sure how to fix this any ideas?

quiksilver_kid

• Archived User
Gentoox Issues
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

when it tries to load it says sumthing about my hardrive not being fatx or something like that and it says kernel panicked and tried to delete something.

Someone please help, I
would really like to get linux running today.