xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Microsoft's Xbox Live chief on bans: not 1 Million  (Read 309 times)

xflbret

• Archived User
Microsoft's Xbox Live chief on bans: not 1 Million
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 03:22:00 PM »

So, this M$ guy says it's not 1 million...and we're just supposed to take that at face value?

If he would have given us a number I would have been inclined to believe whatever that given number was. However, since he's being deliberately evasive, I don't trust him.

I could very easily believe a number of 1 million...

tryduck

• Archived User
Microsoft's Xbox Live chief on bans: not 1 Million
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2020, 12:27:00 AM »

Just seems funny , people put others down because they think they are better then them , they are able to afford more, They have a better this or that. Sad that people think because you use backups , your stealing games (because they can afford to dish out and pay for replacement games over and over) I am pretty sure that you have much more money then common sense if you think its all about stealing games!This is about MS taken your rights away!MS is watching your habits through your xbox360 and your paying them to do it too.MS is able to modify a console and disable the hard drive on it , soon to become a total disabled console ban. Now if you enjoy being told you have no right or say in anything , then just keep telling yourself its about piracy only!Just like GM's On-star setup , they watch your habits , how long you play , what game is played , what time you play , what music you listen too , what videos you watch .... Hmmm giving up all the info just to be able to play on Live eh. I was under the impression that when you BUY something you owned it. Sorry but does Ford tell you what type tires to use , what type of oil/trans/antifreeze ..... to use in it or they will disable your car?Sorry but your car has been disabled because you are using retread of a original tire. Ohhhh wait that's not about ur console eh. Now how is it right and ok they fully reprogram your console after you bought it but if you do it they call that piracy violation and disable its functions without question. This is EVEN if you don't use LIVE(just have it connected to the Internet without being logged into a live account ! Lets say you connect to a online game server , live will still banned you and your not even using their services ! So lets say that oh you took your HD to a buddies house and played on his xbox360 , come home to yours and instantly your xbox360 is banned? Never modded the xbox360 what so ever , hmm but your buddies was and you didn't know it but MS sees that one of  HD game accomplishment was played on a modded xbox360 ..... People it is about what is right , not about cheats , lies , stealing .......... This will affect you , even if you are rich and don't care to buy the same game 2-3 times!Just think how many of you got modded controllers on a non modded console (your next), you still think its about piracy eh ? I agree those who use backups without owning the original is wrong but taken the rights away from everyone to get to those people is not right! Seems funny that everyone is QUICK to classify every mod as a software theft without seeing the whole picture! Tell me how do you think MS knew you had FW or played a game on a system that was modded, that you even played a game before it retailed in your area (hmmm what if you took your HD to a friends house in a different country and came home and got banned) That you have what they say is improper sexual content downloaded to your console , That you dont sign in enough on your Live account , that you listen to foul music ...... list goes on people! Ya better group together because your loosing your grip on your rights. Doesn't matter what thoughts you think a modded console is for ! Its not about who has more money or  who is more educated but keep thinking it is and both wont matter anyhow. MS needs to be shown they do not hold the power to make the rules/laws , the people do. Its better to put your disagreements aside and stick together to do the right thing for all gamers or there is no hope for any game player. Its up to you , or MS will surely destroy ur rights one by one , or opening the door for others to be taken also!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]