xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Over 4.7gb  (Read 57 times)

timber

• Archived User
Over 4.7gb
« on: June 12, 2003, 08:19:00 PM »

The only files you can remove are demo files or foreign language movies. If you remove anything thats needed ie sound it will crash. If you dont normally watch the in game movies you can shorten them if they are in bink or wmv format(only ones able to be viewed on computer). Check the forums.

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Over 4.7gb
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 02:34:00 AM »

and if there not in bink format or any other PC format, just copy whatever the smallest video file you can find is (ie. usually a intro or something) and just rename it to the same as the larger files. WIth any luck, the smallest file will be like 1mb or so, and will save hundreds of megs. THis is what i done for Enter the Matrix i think it was.....

nexgenhalo

• Archived User
Over 4.7gb
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 06:42:00 AM »

just stick it onto 2 dvd-r's. thats what i did with minority report.

chris67rs

• Archived User
Over 4.7gb
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »

thats great, but how the heck does the Xbox know to insert disk 2, its not a movie...

Allen626

• Archived User
Over 4.7gb
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »

You can downsample the videos rip out the background music delete updatedash.xbe delete the demos on halo you can delete the whole bink folder and delete all the single player maps except UI.map and the multiplayer ones and it will still run.  You can make your own intro or borrow from another game.  Use RAD tools to edit .bik files.  Just always back it up cause you could delete something vital and then not have that file.