xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cromwell X2 Flashbios  (Read 40 times)

smurf

• Archived User
Cromwell X2 Flashbios
« on: June 12, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

Step 1 - Creating the Bios CD

- Ensure that the bios file you wish to use of an appropriate size for your modchip.
  (eg. Cheapmods require a 256k bios file and Xecuter 2 requires a 1Mb file.)

- Make a copy of the bios file you wish to use and rename this copy to BIOS.BIN
  (You can also use BIOSUPD1.BIN, CROMWELL.BIN, XECUTER.BIN & LINUXBIO.BIN)

- Select a CD or DVD media compatible with your XBox's DVD-Rom.
  (Most CDRW will work and most DVD-R will work. If you have a Samsung Drive then some CD-R will work)

- Burn the BIOS.BIN file onto a CD.
  (For Nero select the following settings, No Multisession, ISO Level 1, Format Mode 1, ISO 9660,       
  Deselect Joliet, Finalize CD, Disc-At-Once)

-  You should add a dummy file to the CD to ensure it is read properly by the XBOX. We have enclosed
   a dummy file creator with this release. We recommend 100MB.

now no where in that text does it say what to do with any of the files in xecuter_flashbios.zip. can an1 shed some light on this for me please. its very frustrating when a set of instructions dont make sense  sad.gif

smurf

• Archived User
Cromwell X2 Flashbios
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 12:50:00 AM »

blink.gif

thepurpledino

• Archived User
Cromwell X2 Flashbios
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 04:24:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

3. If I make a cd-rw with just the bios i made on it, how does the xbox know know what to do with it. (I think i'm missing something big here)

This depends.. If you have an X2 lite (i believe you do with all the Cromwell talk).. then you need to make 2 CD-RW's.. One will be the OzXflasher..This is the Linux program created to flash your chip, and the other will be a CD-RW with the actual BIOS image on it. The process is VERY simple..
If you have and X2 pro or Matrix chip, then just use the included programmer to flash it.
There is so much infrmation out there.. Check the tutorials!!!

Or.. Just look at the PINNED post in the modchip area..

OzXFlasher for Newbies!!!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Cromwell X2 Flashbios
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 05:07:00 AM »

LOL.... why do regular users need this BIOS? It's for modchip installers, to keep the chips legal until the USER decides to flash something different on their Xbox and make them usable (either  by flashing regular Cromwell or an Xbox mod like X2).

There is no reason for any average user to use this BIOS.

Team Xecuter released it primarily for their own resellers, and also for the benefit of other modchip makers. It simplifies the steps required to reflash a new modchip.