xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Load Xbcopy  (Read 77 times)

Vega

• Archived User
Can't Load Xbcopy
« on: June 08, 2003, 06:53:00 AM »

I just installed a 160gig hdd and wanted to back up my originals. I tried using XBCopy but everytime I tried to run the app it would get past the EvoX loading screen but then freeze at a purple/blue screen and nothing would happen.

I tried using version 0025 and 002 and both had the same issue. I thought it might have to do with the Slayers install I did so I did a fresh install of EvoX without slayers and still the same thing.

The .ini file is correct. I tried to let it do the Autoadd but it would not show up. Then I tried to add it manually and triple checked to make sure the path was right. Under the apps section i put:

Item "XBCopy","f:AppsXBCopydefault.xbe"

I also tried installing on the E: partition with the same results. I know the path is correct. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything about this problem.

Right now I'm using Px-HDD Loader to back up the games. This app auto patches the games which is cool. Should I just stick with this? So far the games I've backed up have worked fine. I wanted to try XBCopy just so I have some options but I've pretty much given up on it unless anyone has some suggestions. Thanks.

Xlife

• Archived User
Can't Load Xbcopy
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 01:09:00 AM »

did you copy over the "media" folder into your install directory as well? Not just the .xbe file

Vega

• Archived User
Can't Load Xbcopy
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

It worked, thaks man. When I unzipped the files I just dragged and dropped from the winzip window instead of using the extract button so it couldn't make the media folder. Once I extracted it correctly its working.

Xlife

• Archived User
Can't Load Xbcopy
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

wow, i actually helped someone. First time for everything!