xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting Folder Sizes Off Xbox Hd Via Ftp  (Read 55 times)

marf

• Archived User
Getting Folder Sizes Off Xbox Hd Via Ftp
« on: June 03, 2003, 08:30:00 AM »

I would like to get sizes of games on my aftermarket xbox hdd so I can plan some multigame dvds so i can have optical backups as well as magnetic.  FlashFXP will not yield this information by anyway i know of.  is it even possible to obtain such attributes over the FTP protocol??

thanks for the help.  This community is great

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (marf @ Jun 3 2003, 05:30 PM)
I would like to get sizes of games on my aftermarket xbox hdd so I can plan some multigame dvds so i can have optical backups as well as magnetic.  FlashFXP will not yield this information by anyway i know of.  is it even possible to obtain such attributes over the FTP protocol??

thanks for the help.  This community is great

I believe some of the xbox game managers can do this... just download the game managers from this site and it's one of them...
then you can add them to X-Gamer for us  laugh.gif

DemiGod

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 03:14:00 PM »

If i understand correctly you wanna find out the size of a copied game on the x-box HD or DVD via FTP ,that is indeed possible with FlashFXP ,go to the dir you wanna know the size then "tools" -> "Calculate FTP space used" and there you go !

Crisis

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »

Check out XGMan.  It's a great program, sole purpose is to connect to your xbox and list the size of every game in a folder and sort them.

marf

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

Thanks for the input.  Lots of good options here.  Now I need a tool/formula/calculator that will convert size on Xbox HDD to size it would take up on a DVD (aren't there filesystem differences (cluster size))

any ideas?