xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Media Check Patch Problems  (Read 70 times)

skabio

• Archived User
Media Check Patch Problems
« on: June 02, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »

I have recently been trying to put my copy of burnout 2 on my xbox hard drive.  I have been using the HDD loader with no problem on my 4 previous games.  I realize that the newer games have a media check.  I have tried everything to patch the .xbe files  I'm using hdd loader 1.1a, I updated my xecuter 2 bios but it still doesnt work.  I even tried ftp'n the .xbe files off the hd to my computer and patching using several media patches from the utilities.  They all say that it doesnt need patching.  Lastly I used Craxtion app to try and patch the files.  It finds the approp. HEX line and patches it and I put it back on the xbox.  Still the game doesnt work.  Any other suggestions?  The last thing I havent tried is updating my evox but I'd rather not mess with it.  

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (skabio @ Jun 2 2003, 02:37 PM)
I have recently been trying to put my copy of burnout 2 on my xbox hard drive.  I have been using the HDD loader with no problem on my 4 previous games.  I realize that the newer games have a media check.  I have tried everything to patch the .xbe files  I'm using hdd loader 1.1a, I updated my xecuter 2 bios but it still doesnt work.  I even tried ftp'n the .xbe files off the hd to my computer and patching using several media patches from the utilities.  They all say that it doesnt need patching.  Lastly I used Craxtion app to try and patch the files.  It finds the approp. HEX line and patches it and I put it back on the xbox.  Still the game doesnt work.  Any other suggestions?  The last thing I havent tried is updating my evox but I'd rather not mess with it.  

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

Are you trying to run a PAL scene release on your NTSC Xbox?

skabio

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

I already have hdd loader on my hardrive.  It works fine just not for the newer games.  Yes I have an NTSC but should it matter.  I plays PAL as well.   Oh well I guess I will have to play it from disk.

skabio

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 05:26:00 AM »

Yea I noticed the same thing with the  new file structure.  Although I have another game on my harddrive, which one escapes me, that is older and has the same structure but it works fine without patching.  I had a friend of mine bring over Return from castle Wolfenstine to see if I could put that on the hd as it is a newer game as well.  It didnt work.  I even tried patching the .xbe files with Craxtion and it says it was succesfully patched but it still doesnt work.  

Anyone able to get either of these on their hd?

skabio

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 12:35:00 PM »

I updated my evo-x and now everything works perfect with no need to patch the xbe files.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (skabio @ Jun 16 2003, 04:35 PM)
I updated my evo-x and now everything works perfect with no need to patch the xbe files.

Well, they did need one patch or another...either a straight file batch or a BIOS on-the-fly patch.  IGR certainly doesn't help things...