xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hdd Finally Unlocked Again..(after Error 6) Now What?  (Read 72 times)

allegro

• Archived User
Xbox Hdd Finally Unlocked Again..(after Error 6) Now What?
« on: June 11, 2006, 05:26:00 AM »

Hi,

Yesterday i encountered some problems unlocking and locking my fathers original xbox hd (Seagate).
It was originally softmodded by an unknown person with SID/AID.
It worked fine, but i would upgrade the original and upgrade to a newer drive (80GB Maxtor) aswell..

However, somehow the masterpass of TEAMASSEMBLY locked the whole thing and i could not unlock it, even by using the masterpass again. (It was unlocked/locked with Config Magic when softmodded, so the master pass is correct and all backups (pass and eeprom) are on the drive.
This prevented it from booting the xbox (error 6), and from booting the pc if i let the bios recognize the xbox hdd..

This morning i decided to at least try to let me boot with it recognised and unlocked.
So, in theory i should be able to recover.

After a 30min struggle with the drive and booted from a bootdisk with hddunlock and atapwd i finally got atapwd to show the drive as:
SELFXV
+----
So it's unlocked again and in theory recoverable..

But what to do now? I want to backup the contents first before trying anything else..
The xbox hdd is recognized in bios, Primary Slave (for now), and i can see it in "Hardware"from WinXP.."
However, Acronis Disk Director has the message the drive is unallocated.. Is this because of the fatx partition?
Or is there something wrong and do i need to recover/restore? (how/what to use?)

And what is my best option/tool to backup the xbox hdd or at least the contents?

And what are the next steps to get it to boot again from xbox, end then upgrade and possibly upgrade to bigger HD?

Thanks,

allegro.

drumstyx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

i had a lot of problems the first time i softmodded an xbox (for my friend)...what really came in handy was my X3 xbox XD...i saw in your other post that you said you have an X3 box aswell....perhaps...put your dads hdd in your xbox, try to boot an evox boot cd...file explore from there...the hardest thing is that a softmodded xbox wont work with an unlocked hard drive....and locking it on your box....i dont think would do the trick because it locks to the motherboard (to my knowledge)...i dunno how you intended on putting a new hdd in a softmodded xbox....honestly i'd reccommend getting a modchip...if money is an issue get a cheapie one...but if u can afford an X3 or something that can be reflashed easy....get it....otherwise....fiddle around with what you know....im not positive about locking being related to the motherboard...so maybe try locking it with your modded box? anyway...have fun XD
peace
drumstyx

master123467

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

can u boot the hard drive on the xbox if u can ftp the c and e files to your computer and also the eeprom and get xboxhdm and and put the c files in the linux/c and e files in linux/e and eeprom.bin in linux/eeprom and run the make iso win. whatever is it and burn it and put the 80gb in the pc boot it with the cd u burned in and unlock it then reboot and go to option 1 btw last thing i said was option 3 go to option 1 and type xboxhd and choose 1 wait for it to finish and reboot then choose option 3 again this time lock it using lockhd -a instead of unlockhd -a