xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fighter Update from Team AfterShock  (Read 364 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Fighter Update from Team AfterShock
« on: November 18, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

Fighter Update from Team AfterShock-- Posted by XanTium on November 19 01:02 EST
Team AfterShock posted an update about 'Fighter', a homebrew fighting game (style: Street Fighter 2/EX) currently in development:

Well it has been a very long time since we have had an update (or worked on the game for that matter). So for the few who have still kept an eye on this game, here is basically where we stand.

Last night I implemented the basic foundation for sound. It is good, what can I say - audio makes a big difference.
I also did some little 'end of match' code that has the camera zoom in on the winner, I'm not sure if I like it and I am currently debating with myself wether to keep it or go with the traditional 2D style that doesnt zoom in.

The rest of the game has actually all been 'completed' and the work I will be doing now is about tweaking it, improving its playability, and extending the scope of what can be created; which ultimately will decide how good the game is in the end (ie the variety of characters/moves).

Sooo yes this is not vaporware and is still being worked on. (I will be working on it each night after work). New screenshots of some cool characters to come soon.

Official Site: http://aftershock.xbox-scene.com

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »

this looks really kewl .. can we play it on kai ? :]

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

You mean to tell me Shizno's actually doing work on this still??  sleeping.gif
 blink.gif oh wait I think he's serious....
Cool New characters? I bet it doesn't even have Blanka!

alienindahizouse

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »

You have to beleive me when I say this with all the respect in the world...at the end of the day, when all of the "thank you's" are said, and all the respect is given for a comendable job, and a finished and playable product finally finds it's way into main-stream "usual places"...I will no doubt find it cool, but I will probably end up slapping in my DOA.  I am saying that it may be better to emulate those already-proven hits that are not on the XBOX yet and put all this raw talent towards that.  Either your going to say "mmmm, this kinda makes" or "go  screw yourself alien, what have YOU prgrammed yet?!?!?!?".  All I mean is that, let the professional programmers come up with the great stuff, and leave the emulating to us.

SHiZNO

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Odb718 @ Nov 19 2005, 10:19 PM)
You mean to tell me Shizno's actually doing work on this still??  sleeping.gif
 blink.gif oh wait I think he's serious....
Cool New characters? I bet it doesn't even have Blanka!

heh i need more sfx from you, fucker laugh.gif

SHiZNO

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(alienindahizouse @ Nov 20 2005, 12:15 AM)
You have to beleive me when I say this with all the respect in the world...at the end of the day, when all of the "thank you's" are said, and all the respect is given for a comendable job, and a finished and playable product finally finds it's way into main-stream "usual places"...I will no doubt find it cool, but I will probably end up slapping in my DOA.  I am saying that it may be better to emulate those already-proven hits that are not on the XBOX yet and put all this raw talent towards that.  Either your going to say "mmmm, this kinda makes" or "go  screw yourself alien, what have YOU prgrammed yet?!?!?!?".  All I mean is that, let the professional programmers come up with the great stuff, and leave the emulating to us.

every game i have worked on so far has been for my own knowledge/entertainment/challenge. I never said I was going to release a PRODUCT to try and compete with a 50+ person company such as Team Ninja, I am simply coding a game I have dreamed about since i was a kid and simply wont ever be released anywhere other than the underground. (either i could wait for osmeone to make it, which could be never - or start it myself)

XDelusion

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

What, no Jason!?!??!

Looks awsome, can't wait to see the final release!

alienindahizouse

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »

Understood SHiZNO.