xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My Story  (Read 118 times)

powerpak

• Archived User
My Story
« on: October 30, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »

I want to "exploit" my Xbox v1.0

{I won it in a contest of skill, playing the game "project gotham racing" at a car show.
The people I raced against where in mini coopers while I was in a Toyota MRS, Bright red color. You should have seen the look on the loser's faces. What a memorable moment. I yelled out in happiness as I jumped out of my seat. Though all I got was the Xbox console, the power cable, the video cable, 1 controller (large original), and the box the system comes in, along with the instruction booklets, manuals, and insurance application., the plastic and Styrofoam was all still intact. It was the first year the Xbox came out, too. 2000 or 2001 (right?) the first game I bought was test drive, followed by
Wreckless: the yakuza missions.}

[My father for some reason has not allowed me to buy a game since. He expects me to save my money and be thankful for what I have got. I have well enough money to buy a used car.]

<that said>

I have successfully opened my Xbox (and a friends), soldered the jumpers on bottom and top of a friends Xbox motherboard which is v1.1 (wow those circuits and points are small) I used good practices to protect it and I prevailed. When I closed it back up it booted correctly with no problems. So I loaded the game save I made on my computer (with 007 evox installer) but added some BIOSes to the BIOS folder. I transferred the game save correctly using the action replay default memory card that comes with it.
I Insert the 007 agent under fire game disk I rented from blockbuster. It loads, and when it gets to the main menu, I select load mission. I select Xbox hard drive. It starts loading. Screen goes black, green light on Xbox flashes. Evox gets on-screen .I select install evox build 1.8.xxx. I select “system utils” from the menu. I wrote down the network settings. Went back one menu. Then went to flash BIOS, I selected the M7 bios and it said press Y to flash. When it finished the Xbox turned off and I turned it back on, it flashed red and green, so I rebooted it. And it booted to the default MS dash. No problem. I loaded evox from 007 agent under fire game again. It said unknown bios in settings. So evox flashed it correctly. I tried to FTP into the XBOX with win XP and FLASH FXP. Crossover cable.
I couldn’t get it to connect to the Xbox. The Xbox was on. I followed the instructions on many sites. So thinking the Xbox bios M7 flash wasn’t letting me FTP I decide to flash it with a different one. It was 6.3 eject fix or some BIOS with eject fix; it wasn’t the TSOP d6 BIOS. I read about not flashing it and didn’t put it in the BIOS folder. So my friend's Xbox TSOP was hosed, not with the d6 BIOS. So I looked around the forums for help, found most of what I needed, however, he and my other friend took it back to wal-mart and got a grand spanking new v1.5 Xbox. Of course I was relieved and angered they didn’t tell me sooner. But what the hey. I don’t have to worry about fixing it. And I learned from the experience to read before proceeding. And that’s why I am typing this. I want to make sure I am modding my Xbox correctly because if I screw up I won’t be as fortunate as my friend.

So I plan on using the M7 BIOS and flashing my Xbox TSOP with it using the 007 game save hack. But was wondering if I should use the xecuter 4977.03? BIOS instead.

Therefore I would like to make a run through sort of tutorial for myself for you to help make sure I am on the right path. I think it is better to Mod the xbox this way rather than go through the Bert and Ernie font hack, or the stereo hack. It just seems more logical and easier to me.

1. Materials- action replay with included mem card. 007 agent under fire (Xbox GAME), several BIOSes from xbins FTP. Computer, Xbox v1.1 etc., the jumper points on the Xbox MOBO crossed with solder. Knowledge to know what the hell you’re doing.

2. Make game save on Computer, using 007 evox installer. Edit evox.ini file to match settings needed (not sure how to do completely) Put BIOSes in BIOS folder.

3. Transfer game save to action replay memory card, transfer game save from memory card to Xbox HD. Or just leave it on the memory card and in the controller. Works both ways. (Yes I have tried it myself)

4. Load 007 agent under fire game. Get to load menu load save from Xbox HD or me card. Screen goes black, Etc.

5. Once evox is on screen check settings write down important info. Flash BIOS of choice that is recommended for !! XBOX !! TSOP !! I have flashed the TSOP with M7 and not sure if it runs as a modded Xbox or not.

6. After flash, and reboot, should get default MS dash. Then FTP to Xbox and transfer evox files.

7. OR reload 007 agent under fire. And in theory (theory) if the evox settings are right. After loading the game save hack, just click on install evox 1.8.xxx

8. Then after reboot, evox should boot to its default skin? Right? If done correctly. I am not saying I first came up with this but I am just making sure I am doing the right thing.

Isn’t this the easier thing to do to mod Xbox? With out a mod chip?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

P.S. on another note, I have thought about making a boxplorer disk with evox files on it instead of FTP into Xbox with PC.

P.S.S. on yet another note, when is “grand theft auto 3, and vice city 2pack” coming out for Xbox? I heard it is headed for game cube, PS2, and PC. THIS month. But that has probably changed. Just like “true crime” did, they said this month but now it is not until November.

P.S.S.S. I also need this info (TSOP flash stuff) because my other friend next door and other friend down the road from my house also have Xboxes and wish to mod theirs too.

P.S.S.S.S If this is an easier way I will make a much better tutorial while I mod the xbox using this method. Therefore a complete walthrough for newb's' and pro's' alike.

Zedek

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

First off, if it is a 1.0 box, make sure the bios you have is a 1 meg bios as the 1.,0 and 1.1 have 1 meg TSOP's.

2nd, the 4978.03 bios is VERY alpha...I had problems with it not reacting well and was lucky enough to get it to boot up and install 4977 (which had problems with the latest version of the EvoX dash, primarily FTP...others have had this issue as well and some have said they don't have problems) so I went with M7.

Basically if you make the M7 bios 1 meg, put it in the 007 save and load it up (I used a MS memory chip as I had problems with the one with Action Replay, there have been unconfirmed problems with save game signing with 3rd party memory chips) and then just flash it with the bios you put into the bios folder and things should be peachy.

Now, as far as FTPing into the box, you have to have evox loaded up and the network settings set up (both on your pc and xbox, make sure the ip addresses are inside the same subnet as well, I.E. IP 192.168.0.1 subnetmask 255.255.255.0 for pc, 192.168.0.10/255.255.255.0 for the xbox)

the default login/pass for evox ftp is xbox/xbox.

So yeah, it SHOULD work just like you have it set up....but then again, were living in the land of theory until you have it live in production...and everything works in the land of theory  biggrin.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »

if you have a 1.5 do NOT flash with 4977, you MUST use M7

that being said i was never able to connect via FTP using the evox gamsave loader, once your bio sis flashed make an evox boot CD (slayers or xdisk work well) and go from there

thejt

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »

I didnt see exactly how you got the 007 onto a memory card without a already modded xbox or direct usb upload.  It appears you did though because you get evox to load... anyway.

1.  Make sure you have correct evox.ini entries for your flash.  Below is what I use and it seems pretty complete.

Flash      = 0x01d5,"AMD - Am29F080B",0x100000
Flash      = 0x04d5,"FUJITSU - MBM29F080A",0x100000
Flash      = 0xadd5,"Hynix - HY29F080",0x100000
Flash      = 0xadb0,"Hynix - HY29F002",0x40000
Flash      = 0x20f1,"ST - M29F080A",0x100000
Flash      = 0x20b0,"ST - 29F002",0x40000
Flash      = 0xbf61,"SST - 49LF020",0x40000
Flash      = 0x015b,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000
Flash      = 0x01da,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000
Flash      = 0xda8c,"Winbond W49F020",0x40000
Flash      = 0x0900,"Winbond W49F020T",0x40000
#Flash      = 0x89a6,"SHARP - LH28F008SCT",0x100000,0x20,0xd0,0x10
#Flash      = 0x378c,"AMIC - A29002",0x40000

2.  Double check which flash you actually have :D

3.  Make sure your using the right size bios.  1.0 and 1.1 are 1Mb and 1.2 and up are 256k.  Ive used both xecuter and M7, both are fine.  I went with the M7.

4.  Get yourself XBtool and change your X logo colors.. This way you will know your modded!  ( See point #3.  MUST be correct bios size!!)  If your not this brave just try booting a backup game ;)

5.  Flash away.

6.  Default dash will not allow ftp as stated in your point 6.  You must either have a evox boot disk or do the 007 exploit to get evox dash loaded.. Now ftp is enabled.  FTP the evox dist to your box.

Your modded.

This post has been edited by thejt: Oct 30 2003, 06:01 PM

Zedek

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (thejt @ Oct 30 2003, 08:53 PM)
I didnt see exactly how you got the 007 onto a memory card without a already modded xbox or direct usb upload.

He used Action Replay (like the Mega X key)

It's the same thing I used to modify my savegame and get it on a memory card.
QUOTE (thejt @ Oct 30 2003, 08:53 PM)

4. Get yourself XBtool and change your X logo colors

Yeah, you can use this to resize the M7 or Xecutor 4977 bios as well as I know that they both come in 256K flavors...if it's a 1.0 or 1.1, you'll need to resize it.

This post has been edited by Zedek: Oct 30 2003, 06:09 PM

lordvader129

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

evox will multiply/cut any bios that isnt the right size, so tat isnt a problem

once you flash you bios boot to an evox cd, ive heard M7 is glitchy but ive been using it since the day it was released and it give me no troubles

Zedek

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Oct 30 2003, 09:35 PM)
evox will multiply/cut any bios that isnt the right size, so tat isnt a problem

once you flash you bios boot to an evox cd, ive heard M7 is glitchy but ive been using it since the day it was released and it give me no troubles

Yeah, I mixed up using EvoX with using the 007 w/raincoat flash method wink.gif

And as far as M7 being glitchy, I haven't had any problems with it either...but as I said, I've had the ftp problem with 4977 and 4978.03 is just chock full of bugs, but then again it's alpha software... smile.gif

case09

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

Ive had no problems with M7 either..  As far as evox "multiplying/cutting" a bios during a flash... Hmmm sounds like a fish tale to me.  Im not the mad guru or anything but thats a new one.. can someone who is a XS god clarify this..   Thats not something you really want to just guess about or speculate... unless you like a challenge :D and more work!

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 04:09:00 AM »

Im not a GOD, but I WILL clarify this,

IF YOU FLASH A 256k BIOS TO A 1MB TSOP (in Evo-X) IT WILL FLASH IT 4x TIMES AND FILL THE WHOLE 1MB/

IF YOU FLASH A 1MB BIOS ON A 256k TSOP (in Evo-X) IT WILL ONLY WRITE A QUARTER OF THE BIOS. SO IT BETTER NOT BE A 512x512 BIOS. THEN THE MACHINE WONT BOOT.

Anything that doesnt say multi-version, and can be cut to 256k, should be checked out before flashing the TSOP. I always use X24977 1MB, and there is NO WAY YOU CAN MESS UP. If your flashing a Winbond, I suggest you read up even more.

powerpak

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 09:26:00 AM »

I understand what you are saying but I am not sure if you understand what I have learned.

I downloaded the mad gouki bert and ernie gamesave hack.
I unzipped it and used only the 007evoxinstaller folder.
I downloaded some BIOSes, unzipped them, and put them in the bios folder in the evox folder in the 007evoxinstaller folder.
I editted the evox.ini file replacing all occurences of f: drive to e: drive.
I renamed the 007evoxinstaller folder, and put it in the Udata folder etc.
I renamed the folder udata was in to the 007 auf bond:all filename. and placed it in the action replay folder with gamesaves, and replaced the original in the folder with it.
this was done under winxp home.
Next I transfered the gamesave to the mem card. I ran action replay and transferred the “bond:all” named save on my PC from the action replay transfer window under 007 auf the file.
It transferred everything and nothing else was on the Action Replay Memory card that came with it. The action replay I bought came with a PC software install disc. The mem card, and the USB cradle to transfer save game files. You plug it in run the software and transfer the files, it’s easy.
I put the mem card in the xbox controller, I transferred it to my V1.0 xbox. It loaded from the 007 auf game fine. I flashed the bios from evox. The jumpers on the mobo were crossed. It flashed fine. It said unknown BIOS in settings, but I didn’t get FTP to work. I know how to do this now I just need the best BIOS to use. I have successfully flashed the TSOP with evox M7 BIOS on a friends xbox. It worked fine other than it didn’t FTP, because of default MS dash. It was an updated dash. 5101 I think, it had xbox live tab, it was a V1.1.
I want to do the same to my xbox. I plan to do so but still need to know which BIOS is best.

I Have A V1.0 xbox.

I will make a much better tutorial for those whom still don't understand how to do this. don't worry, pictures and text, will be there to help you.

I need the correct evox.ini settings for xecuter bioses and evox M7 bios. I plan on doing this to a few other friend's xboxes. Please.

thanks in advance.

-More Later-

P.S. Free Your Mind

powerpak

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

Also, about the BIOSes I talked about in the previous reply.
I downloaded them from xbins FTP. I unzipped them and did nothing else to them. They were in .bin format. I just put them in the bios folder.

I have

evox M7 bios
4034 original bios
{backup of BIOS on xbox HD (I can't access yet.)}(seperate from the others)
xecuter 4977.03

Zedek

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2003, 10:23:00 AM »

BIOS hashes can be found with using XBTOOL.  Just open up the bios you are going to use and it will show you the hash, just copy it to the clipboard, then copy that into your evox.ini

If that's all you need, then goodluck wink.gif

Also, just for S&G's, I'd resize the bios manually (again, with XBTOOL).  Better safe than sorry.

1.0 boxes require 1 meg bios's

powerpak

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

When I get the BIOS flashed, I want to FTP into the xbox to put evox on the HD.

Are there some very good and detailed tutorials on how to do this?

Here is my runthrough

1. set settings in evox.
2. set settings on PC (not sure what to do in network settings but have an Idea) I have win XP home
3. connect using Flash FXP login name xbox pass xbox. IP set to xbox ip.
hit connect to site.

anything else?

Zedek

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 11:28:00 AM »

That's pretty much it...it's fairly cut and dry.

You could also use slayers installer after you flash the bios, just follow the instructions included with it and then when you flash the bios, just put in the boot disk and restart the xbox.

scoot

• Archived User
My Story
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2003, 12:25:00 PM »

you dont need to flash the bios to ftp.  I would install evox on the hdd first the flash.  use your game save to load evox. select system utilitys the turn on static ip, save and exit, then reboot back to evox via game save. it looks like you got this far. then try capitol "X" on Xbox for the pass. thats probly whare the problem is.
Pages: [1] 2