xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Flash Solution For W49f020xxx And Beyond..  (Read 123 times)

_SCaRfaCe

• Archived User
Tsop Flash Solution For W49f020xxx And Beyond..
« on: October 29, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

This tutorial will teach you how to flash your TSOP on your xbox using HDD_Driver and 007 AUF.  This is my first tutorial so bare with me if something ain’t described how it should be in your opinion.

Note:  This tutorial is intended for those people who are having trouble flashing the Winbond “W49F020xx” chips and can’t flash them through Evolution-X…. this SHOULD be an EASY solution for you people… However, the following should work for all xbox versions and chips.  As for the dash version, I recommend you have 4920 as anything above that version (eg. 5659) seems to be ‘unexploitable’ at the time of this writing.  

Also, this is where the disclaimer goes… If you fuck up, I ain’t to blame and you CANNOT hold me or any of the authors of the software used in this tutorial responsible for your actions!

Now that we have all the bg info out of the way, I’ll start off by tellin u what I used for this TSOP software exploit as I call it:

V1.5 NTSC Xbox (Winbond W49F020-T; TSOP write points bridged)
5101 Orignal Retail Bios
HDD_Driver
Any sort of gamesave on your HDD.
007_tsop_flash_kit_1_0_alpha6.zip (Make sure you have this package as other ones—as far as I know—will NOT work with this tutorial… more on this later on)
007 – Agent Under Fire (Retail DVD…. Duh) (spend $4 and rent it from blockbuster if you must)
Solder
Soldering Iron
De-Solder Braid (Incase you fuck up the soldering)
EvoxM7 Bios

There you have it.  No Modded Xbox, Memory Card, Mega Key, Ganja, Punching Bag, etc. was used.

….. As said before this tutorial should be able to be used on different TSOPs, Bioses, etc. (Although I’m not sure why’d u’d wanna use this tutorial on a bios other than Orignal Retails.)  I’m still not sure about dash 5659 though.  Test em out people and give me your feedback on your configuration.

Now lets get started!

1   -   You MUST bridge the TSOP write points on your xbox… I’m not explaining how to do this… It can be found in many places on this site.  On the other hand it's very easy to do!

2   -   Perform the HDD Swap and load up HDD_Driver.  Now, unzip all the contents of the ‘007_tsop_flash_kit_1_0_alpha6.zip’ in a temporary directory.  Follow the instructions on where to put the files BUT NOW READ THIS CLOSELY!!!!!!  You may be asking yourself how the hell do I make the directories (HDD_Driver can’t create directories) I need so that I can insert the files from the package in the correct places?  Well, You don’t.  Here’s what you do: Locate a gamesave directory in the UDATA folder that you don’t really give a shit about and simply rename it to the name of the root save folder in the zip file.  You can do this by right-clicking on a directory and then clicking on 'properties.'  In our case, the directory would be renamed to ‘4541000d.’  And rename the subdirectory from that folder the same as the subdirectory in the zip file… ‘000000000000.’ (Make sure you count the zeros correctly lol.)  AHAH! See where I’m goin with this now? ;)… Anyways now that you have that part done the rest is simple.  Rename the file extensions in that gamesave folder and it’s sub-directory and now insert the files from the zip file accordingly.  The great thing about this package is that there are no new folders to create… Therefore you don’t gotta use FlashFXP, BOXplorer, etc.  Be sure to insert the CORRECT bios file for your xbox as well as name it ‘bios.bin’ and insert it in the ‘000000000000’ folder.  Good, now for the easy part…

2B (Optional)  At this point You can insert a dashboard of your choice in the ‘System’ directory.  I used EvoX 3.921 ;).  (Yes you can only insert the evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini file)… make sure u don’t forget to atleast take a look at the evox.ini file.

3)   -   Power off the Xbox, connect it back together and boot up 007 – AUF.  Goto ‘load game’ and then THE SCREEN WILL GO BLANK…. Don’t panic!  Also the main console LED will glow ORANGE.   Be patient and wait until the system switches off.  Once that is done power it back on and you’re done!  Now u can really have fun with your system.

Greets and Thanks to everyone whose knowledge and software made this tutorial possible… We Thank you.

Feel free to comment people.

Peace.

This post has been edited by _SCaRfaCe: Oct 29 2003, 09:59 PM

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »

this works on winbond W49F002U too.

also, the bios must be the correct size for your tsop.  if it is not the flash will not proceed, and the dvd will eject as a signal (this will reset the box if running retail).    

don't forget to use M7 bios on your 1.4 and 1.5 (or any box)

sound1992

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

^BUMP^

I just did this after MUCH reading on all the different methods for flashing the TSOP.  I can't believe this post hasn't gotten any more replies.  It definitely works!!!  For those who have Xbox v1.4 or v1.5 and Winbond chip, this is absolutely the easiest and least painful way of flashing the TSOP.  The only thing it requires is the Agent 0007 AUF rental.  Dang, Hollywood Video charges $6 for video game rentals--what a rip!  What I did as per the instructions:

1)  Use HDD-Swap method to copy over the 007 save game onto my xbox HD
2)  Put in appropriate bios in the '000000000000' subdirectory of the 007 saved game.
3)  Connect the two sets of points on the top of my xbox v1.4 mobo
4)  Flash the TSOP according to the instructions in the first post above
5)  Put in a new fresh 120GB HD in place of the original 8GB one
5)  Use Slayers Auto Install 2.5 to format the HD, put in the dash and all the other stuff

If there are any requests, I can fill in a few more details so n00bs like myself will have an easier time.

omegainc

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »

WHO EVER MODERATE'S THIS SECTIONS STICK THIS THREAD UP TOP WITH THER OTHERS PIN IT DO WHAT EVER YOU DO CAUSE THIS IS THE WAY TO DO 1.5's FLAWLESSLY!!

Potato Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 06:29:00 PM »

hmm now i gota buy another xbox to try this  :D

U might wanna mention for newbs that if u have or know someone wit a modded xbox u can put the files the hd then put it back in the xbox

of course it has to be the original one cuz it needs to be locked

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

nice tutorial, although personally i dont trust the TSOP flash kits, or HD swaps, lol

but good for peopel who dont already have access to modded boxes or mega-x keys (or cant afford to buy them, lol)

a94cobra

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 03:35:00 PM »

If you have a memory card, can you just transfer the game save and skip step 2?

Potato Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 04:13:00 PM »

Well i just used my xecuter lol

sound1992

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 06:55:00 AM »

and we just saved $40+ by flashing the TSOP rather than buying an xecutor lol

DJdad

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

Nice tut,  Could of used it last week.  I fashed my winbound chip with 4976.02 and now its fragged.  If I get a mod chip can I restore the box and then flash the TSOP?

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (DJdad @ Dec 10 2003, 06:00 PM)
Nice tut,  Could of used it last week.  I fashed my winbound chip with 4976.02 and now its fragged.  If I get a mod chip can I restore the box and then flash the TSOP?

You can't flash a TSOP from an lpc modchip without some tweaking.  I think there's a tut pinned at the top of this forum concerning that.

I always use a 29 wire homebrew to repair TSOP's...hasen't failed me yet.

But yes, the TSOP is repairable with a modchip.