xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Beats Of Rage  (Read 1448 times)

BonusJz

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »

No , not missing but messing/broken/crashed (for me that happens when 3 or more sfx are played at one time). So can someone confirms that he experience problem with sfx (in me demo of MS there are loots of sfx played at one time {when charater shooting) so by easy to hear that - if that happen for you)

So again please confirm that bug.
Thx in advance

KillerZ123

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »

I am just wondering if it is possible to install the newer OpenBor versions in the f:\ on my xbox because the xport version I could and my f:\ drive is bigger because I installed a bigger hard drive but when I try to install the newer versions in the f:\ it just crashes.

BonusJz

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

I am just wondering if it is possible to install the newer OpenBor versions in the f:\ on my xbox because the xport version I could and my f:\ drive is bigger because I installed a bigger hard drive but when I try to install the newer versions in the f:\ it just crashes.

No - this is next reason way we need someone skilled enough or so nice to look on Openbor source code and make them Xbox optimized
(drive is for me minor problem as i don't have big HD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  but sound messing makes me crazy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif))

Comeon guys have someone few hours to spare on this great engine/source (we need only good base and SamuraiX will be updating build with new releases

PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

Joshf please contact me here or at borgeneratin

This post has been edited by BonusJz: Feb 20 2007, 02:11 AM

SumolX

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »

We don't need anybody.  I will do the unimaginable and soft-mod my xbox since I use the 360 full time these days to go on xbox-live.  I will sort out the remaining issues with this current platform!

VampX

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(SumolX @ Feb 24 2007, 07:44 PM) *

We don't need anybody.  I will do the unimaginable and soft-mod my xbox since I use the 360 full time
these days to go on xbox-live.  I will sort out the remaining issues with this current platform!

DUN DUN DUN!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

SumolX

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

Oh... and I have only 1 requirement from you BonusJz and that is All your mods are Widescreen compatible for my PSP.  Since I will be giving up my xbox's virgin soul for this purpose..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

Lastly, VampX I go by SamuraiX on most forums.....  I'm the one who brought XPorts port up to date and ported OpenBoR to PSP and much more things related to OpenBoR.  People have offered to help and I've sent them the source but it seems life consumes them and I can understand.  So while I updated and merged XPorts code to my SVN SourceForge Account without ever using my own xbox for testing.... It seems I will need to take it to the next level myself and mod the box myself and test all my changes myself.  I sure didn't like coding blind but I didn't do too bad.... the thing does run....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by SumolX: Feb 24 2007, 09:43 PM

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(SumolX @ Feb 24 2007, 01:44 PM) *

We don't need anybody.  I will do the unimaginable and soft-mod my xbox since I use the 360 full time these days to go on xbox-live.  I will sort out the remaining issues with this current platform!

That's good news.  Again, I am here to help as needed (but if you're going to soft mod your Xbox you probably won't need my services  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ).  Question: Is it doable, as far as what you're capable of, to add HD support to OpenBORX (at least 720p)?  I just bought an HDTV and I'm quickly discovering that anything running at a resolution of less than 720p looks like crap.

Brief off-topic alert: By the way, I just bought a 360 & hopped on Xbox Live myself.  My gamertag is SlyBeast69.  Add me if you like, I play a lot of Lost Planet and Gears of War online.  This goes for any other board regulars that would be interested in getting together for some online gaming.

This post has been edited by SlyBeast: Feb 26 2007, 03:34 PM

SumolX

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(SlyBeast @ Feb 26 2007, 09:03 AM) *

That's good news.  Again, I am here to help as needed (but if you're going to soft mod your Xbox you probably won't need my services  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ).  Question: Is it doable, as far as what you're capable of, to add HD support to OpenBORX (at least 720p)?  I just bought an HDTV and I'm quickly discovering that anything running at a resolution of less than 720p looks like crap.

As for 720p Scaling yes I can..... but my technique would NOT be the most optimized one.  I've never written any Intel MMX code (XBoX Scaling Code is based on Intel MMX SNES Emulator).  But I'm pretty sure XBOX has plenty of horse power left.  Probably one of my first changes after the palette issues is rewriting the sound engine code.  As its serial based I believe.....  need to look deeper but if that is the case I will rewrite the code as a thread and that should keep the sound clean as it will share cpu cycles with sound and engine.

Original Engine Source 320x240 -> Final MMX 2X Scaled Source 640x480.

Now I could do the following just to try out....

Original Engine Source 360x240 - > New Engine Scaled Source 720x360 -> Final MMX 2X Scaled Source 1440x720.

This post has been edited by SumolX: Feb 26 2007, 10:07 PM

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »

Any attempt at adding HD would be appreciated by not only me, but others as well I'm sure.  If it can't be done, it's not a deal breaker.  Good luck.

mike315

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

Personally i'd love to see HD also. If it can run without any hiccups...then im all for it. There's a fair amount of endusers that would appreciate this.

Of course we appreciate ANY work you do for our scene. smile.gif

BonusJz

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »

Oh... and I have only 1 requirement from you BonusJz and that is All your mods are Widescreen compatible for my PSP. Since I will be giving up my xbox's virgin soul for this purpose.....

Add video selector to Xbox port and you can be sure that i add them to my games (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)
(still i think that action is more intense on normal screen)

BorGeneration forum is down - here is new site :

LavaLit

I also found great program for PC - Flicker Fucker! that greatly sharpen picture (if flicker filter is set to 0) also on default.xbe of OpenBor port (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
(search xbox-scene or lavalit - its fucking great program)

This post has been edited by BonusJz: Mar 1 2007, 03:07 PM

SumolX

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(BonusJz @ Mar 1 2007, 09:11 AM) *

Add video selector to Xbox port and you can be sure that i add them to my games (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)
(still i think that action is more intense on normal screen)

Fair enough!   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

As soon as my chip comes in.... xbox will be my top priority!

t0m

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(SumolX @ Mar 1 2007, 08:47 PM) *

Fair enough!   cool.gif
As soon as my chip comes in.... xbox will be my top priority!

this is great news smile.gif i just discovered all this a few months ago and its pretty much the stuff i have been dreaming about for years as a street fighter fan. i literally had a dream one time about a side scrolling street fighter game  love.gif

i tried it on my pc first and all went well, but an update somewhere along the line killed my joystick functionality and i havnt messed with it since (no time either). i also tried strider x on my xbox and was amazed. have played it through a few times now in 3 player mode. i really like the xbox version over the pc one because of the ease of multiplayer. im glad you are going to spend some time with the xbox version smile.gif good luck with your xbox mod. (also be prepared to use it more often smile.gif 4 player mame/kawa-x/snes will never get old, for me anyway)

BonusJz - thanks for the link to LavaLit. just tonight i found that borgeneration was down and was thinking there were no sites left out there, so i googled 'bor forum' and got a link to this thread smile.gif cant wait to see your mods. im really looking forward to vampire.

lawdawg0931

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »

@BonusJz
Thanks for the link to Lavalit, was having trouble finding pak files for OpenBor. Am I missing something though-- I cannot d/l anything from that site, 'Right-click' acts like the shown zip is a picture or something. Thanks unsure.gif

BonusJz

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »

You must register on LavaLit. Also read a topic about downloading wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6