xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can This Be Fixed?  (Read 130 times)

djchino3

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« on: October 23, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

Can someone tell me if it's possible to flash the TSOP when the xbox gives an error 16 code? I messed up & didn't follow the step by step directions & formatted hd after soldering the 2 points on 1.0 mb. I can still unlock the drive and load it with evoX or do whatever to it with my modded box but the unmodded xbox still gives error 16. Can someone help me?

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

hot-swap the drives and repair the messed up dash on the modded xbox

the h/d is still locked but error 16 is a dash problem

Marmite

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 06:09:00 PM »

you will need a modchip and an evox bootdisc if you cannot do a hot-swap.

djchino3

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 07:00:00 PM »

Hey guys thanks for the reply but I think I didn't explain it good enough. This is what I did. First I soldered both points on the virgin xbox. Then I did the hdd swap with my modded xbox. @ This point is where I made a newb mistake. I formatted the virgin xbox hdd. After that, I tried rebooting but of course it wasn't going to work. So I then tried the swap again, this time using the return to normal hdd option off of the slayer's evoX auto install cd. The hdd formatted & rebuilt the files fine... Then I put the jacked up hdd, back into it's original box & still the error 16. Is there a way to either get the hdd back to it's normal state or a way to flash the TSOP chip in the virgin xbox without it's original hdd for now? If anyone can please help, I'd appreciate anything or any recomendations. Thanks. :ph34r:

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

you can't be using slayer 2.1 coz that works 100% with the 4920 dash

you probably using an older ver 1.0 or 2.0

I would just put the h/d back in the modded xbox and chose:

Install evox to RETAIL h/d - this will format c/e/x/y & z and install evox with apps - AND A NICE 4920 DASH too....

this deffo works if ya use 2.1 - even if time/date is causing problem

djchino3

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 05:19:00 AM »

Yeah, the slayer disc formats the hdd & rebuilds it just fine. My problem is that the tsop isn't flashed with another bios. It still contains the original xbox bios. I tried using the slayer disc v2.0 to return the hdd to it's original state, but it didn't boot up. Could it be possible I messed up on the soldering job and that's why I receive the error 16 code?

craigncheri

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 07:48:00 AM »

you can flash the tsop using a lpc mod or a homebrew 29 wire mod

djchino3

• Archived User
Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 02:51:00 AM »

Thanks to everyone who replied & tried to help. Just to let y'all know, I remedied the issue by using a slayer's evoX auto-installer v2.0. Formatted the hdd, rebuilt it, & then patch it for pre-xbox live & put it back in its original unmodded xbox and it booted perfectly. Slayer's auto installer was a life saver. Thanks to the wonderful people who created slayer's. Good lookin out. I'm out here in the middle of Iraq with limited resources. Thanks. :ph34r: