xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Manufactured In 5/15/03  (Read 105 times)

tigerito

• Archived User
Xbox Manufactured In 5/15/03
« on: October 15, 2003, 06:59:00 AM »

I was trying to flash the TSOP on a xbox manufactured in 5/15/03 which i think its a 1.3, right?  Well i went to flash the bios and now its stuck on erasing the old bios.  I'm not sure what's wrong.ithink that i have screwed up.  This might be a 1.4 and i flashed it with a bios that it wont accept.  Is the xbox ruined from here?  Should i turn it off.  What can i do to fix this?  What bios do i need to flash the 1.4 with?  All help welcome.

The screen just froze and it says

"Manufactureers ID da Device Id 8c
Flash type Winbond W49f020
Erasing."

(But the bar wont move)  Please help.

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 07:17:00 AM »

reset the box.  it should be fine (if the erase bar never moved).
are you using evox?  it won't flash winbond.  use raincoat (telnet or locally).  
if it is a 1.4 you must use the evoxM7 bios.  just use it to be safe, works on all boxes.

tigerito

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 05:10:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure what an evoxM7  bios is or where to get it.  I know where to check though.  I'll try to find it.  Now i have the files in my memory card how do i add the M7 to the list of bioses that comes up when i load evox of the game save?  My friend originally put the whole thing together for me.  So i'm not sure how to do it?  Can you help?  thanks

Felix

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »

MA or 007?

evox won't flash your winbond.

do you have access to a modded box, or a memcard with USB?
or a modchip?

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (tigerito @ Oct 16 2003, 02:04 AM)
Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure what an evoxM7  bios is or where to get it.  I know where to check though.  I'll try to find it.  Now i have the files in my memory card how do i add the M7 to the list of bioses that comes up when i load evox of the game save?  My friend originally put the whole thing together for me.  So i'm not sure how to do it?  Can you help?  thanks

Felix

You need to get the EvoX M7 BIOS from "the usual places".

Download the recently-uploaded XBINS-TIRC program, this should take you where you want to go.  If not, read the following quote for some big clues...
QUOTE (www.xbox-scene.com @ Oct 16 2003, 05:41 AM)
XBINS-TIRC
>> XBINS-TIRC is a customized IRC client specifically for xbins.
From the readme:
This was a script made for those who wished to completely make connecting to xbins automated. This was a 3 week project and is now very reliable and stable. To use it type your desired and permanent nick in the nick dialog on your first start. From there you can have it automatically do it all, or have a dialog that starts up and you can use that to connect, join #xbins, msg the bots, and join the other channels.

Created by {GHOST}Cobra with help from Iriez.
This client fully automates the following:
Upon startup, it connects to efnet, joins #xbins, auto msg's xbins, opens a ftp client (filezilla) with the info already in there! All you have to do is press connect.

This post has been edited by Exobex: Oct 16 2003, 02:59 PM

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (tigerito @ Oct 16 2003, 02:04 AM)
Now i have the files in my memory card how do i add the M7 to the list of bioses that comes up when i load evox of the game save?  My friend originally put the whole thing together for me.  So i'm not sure how to do it?  Can you help?  thanks

Felix

Hey there, you can load up the save, and then FTP into your box and place your new BIOS in

e:UDATA4541000d00000000000bios

BUT

It doesnt sound like you have a 1.4, or 1.5... I believe you have a 1.2 or 1.3
Back when the 1.2/3's started coming out, I got one of these and did the same thing. I almost shit a brick when the erase froze up!

What you need is raincoat  0.501+ on your memory card, along with a 256k BIOS ( I would use X2 4977)

MAKE DAMN SURE ITS A 256 BIOS BY READING BACK THE ORIGINAL BIOS IN RAINCOAT FIRST
heres the command  

"./raincoat -r originalbios.bin"

beerchug.gif

tigerito

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »

thanks to all for all your help.  I"m going try and solve this now.  Thanks again!

tigerito

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 11:22:00 AM »

Ok, i trasfered the evox M7 bios where you told me.  Then i went to flash bios and it still say winbond.  I'm not sure why.  It also is still frozen in the erasing part.  What next?

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 11:51:00 AM »

what are you trying to flash with?

This post has been edited by venturahighway: Oct 17 2003, 07:03 PM

Mog

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »

I think he tryed evox again. Evox wont flash winbond tsop.

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2003, 01:01:00 PM »

looks like it,

let me get some things straight:

is your tsop already flashed?
---yes: use eurasia flash disc (eurasia.nu)
---no: do you have 007 AUF?
--------yes:  you need to get the 007 flash kit (eurasia.nu)
---------------you will need to trasfer its dir structure to your box like you did before.
---------------just read the readme for bios placement
---------no:  how did you ftp that stuff?  MA?

the eurasia software is based on raincoat 0.5 and will flash your winbond w/o a pc
you could use that telnet raincoat stuff, but why?

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »

by the date mentioned May -  it's a 1.3 not a 1.4

raincoat is needed or euroasia disc/save for winbond

forget evox if you got a winbond bios - read the raincoat tutorial and use a good 256kb bios

M7 is safe on all xbox's but sounds to me like it's a 1.3 so check if it has a conexant chip right behing the a/v connector - if so then a X2 4976/7 can be used

but make sure it's a 256kb size and it DOES NOT HAVE BFM IN IT

A BFM BIOS WILL SCREW YOUR TSOP

forget colours/colors and fancy stuff just get a standard X2 4976/7 256kb bios from xbins on mirc

do a search on here for more info and read up a bit

then just before you do anything ask but to write a complete tutorial when there is one already at top of page is a waste of time

soz - not meaning to have a go but all the info or at least 95% of it is up at top in the sticky's

best of luck

This post has been edited by Pizza Pizz: Oct 18 2003, 12:20 AM

tigerito

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2003, 05:52:00 PM »

My Tsop is not flashed yet, and yes i have a memory card with 007 AUF.  

Now first i want to thank everyone for responding.

second, i want to tell you what i'm getting from you responses.  

From what you are telling me my xbox has a winbond bios that evox will not flash.  There for i have to use another means of flashing it.  Now my options are a raincoat or 007 flash kit.  Now i'm going to check for tuts on how to do this stuff.  THank you.

tigerito

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

Ok, i got the 007 flash kit(eurasia) from "the usual places" then i transfered the evox M7 bios to the 000000 folder.  Then i ftped it to udate folder.  THen i copied the game save to a memory card.  Then went to the  target xbox and copied the gamesave to the hard disk.  Then put the original AUF game and loaded the game save.  Now all i get is a black screen.  Nothing comes up.  Not sure what i did wrong.  Please help.

Mog

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 08:05:00 PM »

Okay, the black screen is supposed to happen. Make sure your volume is up, you should hear some weird noises and footprints and things of that nature. From here you telnet into your box, read this tutorial to finish what you have to do. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...ST&f=43&t=61901
Let us know how you make out.