xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How Do I Set Up Game Previews In Emulators?  (Read 397 times)

ad20

• Archived User
How Do I Set Up Game Previews In Emulators?
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »

I've just downloaded covers for all my games but I don't know how to configure NeoGenesis, NestopiaX, ZSNESBox, PCSXBox right. All I've found out is how make ingame screenshots and set them as previews but I can't chose my covers as previews. Btw I use UnleashX.

This post has been edited by ad20: Apr 20 2010, 04:43 PM

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »

Check out the Xport / Madmab Edition Projects:

http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=96

A new NeoGenesis has been released, and you might find others of interest  smile.gif

ad20

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »

I already have the latest versions: MednafenX-NES v14 and NeoGenesis Sega Genesis v24 but how do I set my covers as previews? I can take screenshots ingame, then they are displayed as previews but I want my covers previews.

ultimate509

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »

Ok so you want the Box Fronts to show up in the game select screen, first you'll need MednafenX-NES v14.Ok I'm assuming you'v downloaded the Box Front covers and unrared them with a program called winrar which will give you a folder with all of them now place the Box Fronts in the MednafenX-NES v14 emu's folder labeled Box Fronts (you can place them any where on your xbox's drive but for this explanation just put them there)
Now once your done Ftp'n load up the emu and go into "configuration" now go to "change default directories" then go down to "set media directories" now click on the first line up top (says something like media directory) now look for your media folder in this case its MednafenX-NES media which usually is on the F drive anyhow just go into the media folder and push the start button...ok now it will ask you two yes or no questions just put YES for both. Thats it your done..

after that go to the emus' main screen and just go to "configure skin", then "load skin configuration" then go down the list and select one of the many options it gives you to display the xtras!

This post has been edited by ultimate509: Apr 21 2010, 05:28 PM

ad20

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »

You've got it ultimate509, that's what I'm planning for "zsnexbox 3.6", "MednafenX-NES v14" and "Madmab Genesis v24".
There are some problems I'm facing: The Genesis and NES boxarts are .jpg and the filenames of boxart and rom don't match.
Do I have to convert all those .jpg to .png and then rename them after the roms?

ad20

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

Good grief i've just realized what a pain in the ass that would be. Don't there exist SNES, NES, Genesis romsets, with the right boxarts already included?

This post has been edited by ad20: Apr 21 2010, 08:24 PM

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

Yes, they're called the RessurectionXtras  tongue.gif

Look at the topic at the top there - "Ressurectionxtras And Compatibility Lists"

All Boxart, screenshots, movies have been made to match the roms. Just FTP them over to the Xbox.

ad20

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

SNES and Genesis Boxrats seem to be down and NES boxarts are not even listed there. But even if I had them, WHICH roms do they match? Every romset I've found so far is named differently.

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »

Hey ad20
It may seem like a lot of steps...
but once you take some time and get a grasp of Xbox emulation and the RessuectionXtras projects.

I guarantee you that "All" of what you are looking for, (plus more than you have probably yet to image) will be available for you to choose from.

and set-up, is not nearly as painful as it was for this stuff to come about. wink.gif

Good luck
smile.gif

ad20

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »

Uhm, ok I'm really grateful for all the help you all have offered me but I'm still stuck with my questions.
Those Resurrection extras I've heard about are all down.

ultimate509

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »

Yes,all the mega-upload links got reported/canceled but no worrys that was just an alternative to getting the Rx xtras.What you gotta do is sign up/register to a torrent site called underground gamer (just google it),once in,up top will show you the systems click on microsoft xbox then go through the pages below until you see the Ressurection-xtras that you want, of coarse youll need a torrent-program to be installed on your comp and make sure to seed other wise youll get booted eventually.

ad20

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »

Thx ultimate509, I've downloaded ResurrectionX roms + artwork from there.
But it doesn't work at all.

In ZSNEXBox 3.6 all your screenshots are saved into the Artwork/Shots 1 folder, that's where I put the covers but when starting the emu, SOME games have covers some don't. For testing I've downloaded a .jpg cover via google, saved it as .png via photofiltre and surprisingly, then it was displayed properly in the emu. Are you sure this ResurrectionX-guy knew how to save .pngs?

As for the latest NES and SEGA Madmab editions, I'm supposed to move the covers into the
"media/artwork/front covers" folder and then redirect in the emus options to the media folder. Neither emu displays covers anyway.

bigby

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

Hi, did you recieve my PM?

Boxart should be Media\NES\Artwork\Box Front - for example

In the Emulator,point your media directory to MEDIA\NES

ad20

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »

My folders on the box

(IMG:http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6470/18285644.jpg)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Where it says: "set default directories" -> "change media directory" -> "MEDIA directory"

I set: E:\emulators\SEGA\media

It doesn't work, covers are not displayed. Are you sure the covers from the ResX torrent are in the right file-format?  In ZSNESBox they are still not displayed properly and there's nothing to change, regarding the directories.

Xmodder deluX

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

First of all, the snes emulator that madmab is working on hasn't been released yet.  He is working on Snes9XBox.

Second, it would be a good idea to keep the xtras in a separate folder than the emulators themselves.  If you ever wanted to upgrade them to the newest build, you would have to move the xtras.  I suggest that you put all of the xtras in folders like this:

E:\Media\Genesis\
E:\Media\NES\
E:\Media\SNES\

Or put them on your F drive if you upgraded to a bigger hard drive.

Then you just have to point the media directory to there.
If you want to display box covers, you need to go into configure skin and load skin configurations.  From there you can choose what you want to display.  Hope that helps.   smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2