xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Final Burn Legends 1.3  (Read 1580 times)

cheema201

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »

@ shalashaska - some games are flipped by 90 or 270 degrees (there is I think one game that needs to be flipped 180, but it is a terrible soccer game). But the screenshots that you take in game are not flipped for some reason. So with all of my screen shots I put them on the computer and flipped them myself.

Also a quick word on aspect ratio.
When you load each game an ini file is created. Inside each of these is stored the aspect ratio, by default it is set to 0, and will look something like this
zLeft=0.000000
zRight=0.000000
zTop=0.000000
zBottom=0.000000
I run a v1.6 xbox and therefore it has no screen wrapping, which may account for the screen size of every game being slightly too big or basically just outside of the top or bottom of the actual tv screen. But there is a very simple fix. As long as you have loaded each game at least once you can do it... I put all of my ini files onto my PC and then split them up into three seperate folders being 0 rotation, 90 rotation and 180 rotation. I used a program called 'multiple file replacer' that reads lines of code inside a text, or in this case an ini, file. I used a command to simply distinguish which files had 0 rotation and put them in a folder. then I did the same for 90 degrees and 270 degrees. Once they were all seperated I went back to the emulator and 'fixed up' the screen sizes on each seperate style game, depending on their rotation. These were the values that I attained (which may not be correct for everyone)
Rotation 0
zLeft=1.059999
zRight=-0.610000
zTop=-0.140000
zBottom=0.390000

Rotation 90
zLeft=0.460000
zRight=-0.180000
zTop=4.900017
zBottom=-5.400028

Rotation 270
zLeft=0.220000
zRight=-0.560000
zTop=5.350027
zBottom=-5.140023

So I then used multiple file replacer to change the values of each ini file to these values I specified above. Making all of the games I play cover the entire screen. There may be a much easier way of doing all that, but I was too stupid to figure it out... Haha so much for a quick word on that!

But now I have a question for any that might know.
In the emulator the buttons L and R are used for scrolling down or up rapidly. Now I am using FBL as the main emulator in an arcade machine that I made, but the problem is that I have not included L or R as buttons on my machine.. Therefore I would like to be able to change it from L and R to say X and Y. For I do not believe that X and Y serve any real purpose on the GUI. So is it possible to do this with some simple form of coding? And how do I do it? If anyone knows you may have to speak slowly because I am a little bit dumb...

Thanks in advance.

robot3

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »

if this was already covered in the previous 12 pages forgive me for not seeing it

Is it possible to disable the dual screen preview? I see a lot of adjustments (ini files) but no disable option

Cospefogo

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2010, 05:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(robot3 @ Jun 19 2010, 01:36 AM) View Post

if this was already covered in the previous 12 pages forgive me for not seeing it

Is it possible to disable the dual screen preview? I see a lot of adjustments (ini files) but no disable option

For things you can disable, you have always the option to move them out of the visible screen area. I - particularly - hate animated objects on a skin. I really don't like pulsating logos, animated menus, etc etc, and everything I can't turn it off, I move it to the dark cold void outside the boundaries of the TV image.

You can "move" things on the skin by entering on it's adjustment panels.

Best regards,
Spitfire.

robot3

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »

just curious, I know the game MazingerZ works fine in CoinOps, but on FBL 1.3 instead of starting the game it goes into the service menu and it stays there. When you choose to exit the service menu the game freezes up resulting in that you have to exit the game,  technically making it unplayable.

Has anyone had else had this problem with MazingerZ and FBL?

Cospefogo

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »

Hey guys,

I have the same question, but with a different game - Street Fighter 1 (Fighting Street).
I suppose this thing happens because the game is not implemented on FBL internals, so, it not runs.

But maybe it could be a way to play both games?
Street Fighter 1 and MazingerZ?

Cospefogo.

diggyte

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

To run street fighter, turn off dip switch settings under general options, exit game and reload. this setting can work with many games (spotted on RX compatibility list).  To get MazingerZ to work just click reset game after the dip switch setting menu loads smile.gif
I second "music on" option while playing videos. (fingers crossed!)

robot3

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(diggyte @ Jun 28 2010, 08:54 PM) View Post

To run street fighter, turn off dip switch settings under general options, exit game and reload. this setting can work with many games (spotted on RX compatibility list).  To get MazingerZ to work just click reset game after the dip switch setting menu loads smile.gif
I second "music on" option while playing videos. (fingers crossed!)

thank you! The key with Mazinger is to do this on the FIRST dip switch screen, if you try the reset option on any other service tab the game will freeze on it. Thanks again for the info!

PS: in another final burns post I made about screenshots and background music, weinerschnitzel mentioned working on FBL

weinerschnitzel

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

Yup, I have that xmv audio feature working. I have some free time to spend on xbox developing for a few days and I will want to spend it on getting screen calibration coordinates working as well as some stuff on other xbox projects. When I'm out of time I'll put it all out there. No use of having some work sitting on my computer when no one's using it. tongue.gif

Cospefogo

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2010, 05:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(weinerschnitzel @ Jun 30 2010, 02:47 PM) View Post

Yup, I have that xmv audio feature working. I have some free time to spend on xbox developing for a few days and I will want to spend it on getting screen calibration coordinates working as well as some stuff on other xbox projects. When I'm out of time I'll put it all out there. No use of having some work sitting on my computer when no one's using it. tongue.gif

Hats off to Herr Weinerschnitzel!
Superb!

Thanks.
Cospefogo.

Consoleman!

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(weinerschnitzel @ Jun 30 2010, 01:47 PM) View Post

Did someone just say the words, "[get] screen calibration coordinates working?"

Wow.

<starts dancing>

OK, that post was from like 1.5 months ago, so perhaps I should temper my expectations a little bit.  Still, it's good to see that weinerschnitzel shares our frustrations.

Consoleman!

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(cheema201 @ Aug 18 2010, 07:05 AM) View Post

I dont know why so many people are having issues with screen calibration.

It is quite simple to modify all of your ini's to an almost perfect calibration for every single game in FBL.

If you want a place to start you should look at the ini's that gilles released recently in a pack.

Thanks for the heads up about gilles' workaround.

That said, your opinion and mine differ greatly.  If you're OK with slight alignment errors, then it's quite simple to approximate the screen size for all of your games.  However, if your goal is a pixel perfect display, then it can take a considerable amount of research, time, and frustration without the aid of screen coordinates.

I'd still rather have screen coordinates in every emulator than depend on someone else to release a workaround pack of inis for every emulator because the latter example may or may not happen at all.

To gilles' credit, he decided to share his personal settings, but remember that his workaround didn't come about until roughly 9 months after FBL's initial release.

cbagy

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »

I have to honestly say i think the co-ordinates thing was more complicated than it needed to be although a few people i chat to thought it was easy.
Anyway i made a skin and full screen video in HD for FBL 1.3 and i got all my sizes correct by producing a prototype skin with the exact sizes for everything plotted as semi-transparent coloured squares on a skin background. I then used the GUI options to move every sprite and preview to its predetermined correct space n size. It made the whole thing a much faster process.

cheema201

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2010, 03:24:00 AM »

My screen sizes in FBL are not pixel perfect, but are dam close. I only have slight issues with the bottom right corner of the screen, which seems to be slightly off, but only noticable if your really looking for it. However that being said, it only appears to happen in certain games, though it happens to me in mvs vs street fighter, which is one of my favourites. Most of the neo-geo games seem to be perfect, I will share my ini's if people are looking for a quick fix to their ratio, but as I said, they aren't pixel perfect for every game.

coucoulette

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »

Hello everyone,

Im clocking in around my 30 th hour trying to make Neo geo roms working on my Xbox with FBL 1.3.

CPS2 is just fine but from the first release i could never get to launch a neo geo game.

I thought I would have bad roms. Well I caught the latest mame set this summer and it changes nothing.

Im putting the neogeo.zip I have in the roms path. Ive tried many different ones. Nice people sent me theirs, working for them. But its not.

I have a hard modded box I guess, and im putting FBL on F drive, where Im having more space.

I just tried CoinOps as well and he says he cant find sfx and sm1 is wrong checksum.

Im thinking about Fbaxx. Which version should I get?

Im confused. Help!

Syl

brandonheat8

• Archived User
Final Burn Legends 1.3
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2010, 02:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(coucoulette @ Sep 12 2010, 04:22 AM) View Post

Hello everyone,

Im clocking in around my 30 th hour trying to make Neo geo roms working on my Xbox with FBL 1.3.

CPS2 is just fine but from the first release i could never get to launch a neo geo game.

I thought I would have bad roms. Well I caught the latest mame set this summer and it changes nothing.

Im putting the neogeo.zip I have in the roms path. Ive tried many different ones. Nice people sent me theirs, working for them. But its not.

I have a hard modded box I guess, and im putting FBL on F drive, where Im having more space.

I just tried CoinOps as well and he says he cant find sfx and sm1 is wrong checksum.

Im thinking about Fbaxx. Which version should I get?

Im confused. Help!

Syl

Check your PMs, you must have this file in your ROMS folder zipped as "neogeo.zip" AND unzipped in the same folder.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13