xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Tutorial On 'tsop Flash Without Opening The X"  (Read 168 times)

Sykotek

• Archived User
New Tutorial On 'tsop Flash Without Opening The X"
« on: September 29, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

Just got done reading this new tut on flashing the xbox tsop by applying conductive paint through the vent holes.  This is asking for disaster.  I'm sure it works and I'm sure 'the bastard' has it done, but it is kind of pointless.  I would think that not opening the xbox would be just for saving the warranty, but once you get conductive paint inside the box or modify the box then break it, they'll open it up and see the mess inside or see the modified HDD and you'll still be sol.  Seems pointless to me.  Any thoughts?

kkattfish

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

don't know if i agree with that method either, but saving your warranty is probably just so you can do an in store exchange for another xbox, by the time they figure out you messed with it, it's too late because you have already gotten your new xbox.

WisdomWolf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 09:54:00 AM »

yea that's very true.  I mean how many people here would actually go to MS after they messed something up?  I mean even if they didn't mess something up and the dvd drive just stopped working on a virgin xbox, most people still wouldn't go to MS.  he he he :evil:

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »

THE SAFEST WAY

using a blowlamp, CAREFULLY CUT AWAY a hole in the case - you may also need to do this underneath the xbox on ver 1.0 & 1.1's

this will allow you to get into and join the tsop points without opening your xbox and void the warranty

when it all goes tits up coz you didn't clear all the metal fillings out before switching xbrick on

"hey - I never opened the damn xbox"

"OK - so I did a bit of custom case modding, but I never unscrewed and opened the case. My warranty is still intact - dunno how that solder got there though on them tsop points, must of come like it from the factory"

"yeah I know there is great big gaping hole on the top - how else do ya think I managed to swap the 10gb for a 120gb h/d"

JEEZ - key-hole surgery on a xbrick - whatever next ?