xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Coinops Ignite R2 Source  (Read 857 times)

DarthMingus

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2009, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Jul 15 2009, 12:03 AM) View Post

ask trig on the offical threads he will help you out...a few have tried and are using it stf is one.... just not here.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »

just search CoinOPS IGNITE on google its on another forum smile.gif it will be obvious

Antiriad

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

Thanks again for the great work on CoinOps BP, I look forward to R4.  smile.gif

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

Just added Video Support...

So commandline launching and xmv video is now supported

Still have to think about setting... how to define in the skin (not sure if I can do alpha effects like PNGs)
also need to think about setting for background music and what is needed

EG No Sound....background and video sound.... video only sound..... background only

ill think about what is really needed and make the settings... I dont want to many options

Any suggestions are welcome but the feature is now up and running

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »

That's awesome news BP!

I've got a few days off coming up.  I'll get to work on converting the AVI files to WMV and getting packs available.  This will be a TON of work since there are 4 DVD's of MAME videos, but well worth it.  (The other 6 DVDs worth at emumovies were dedicated to all of the other emulated videos by comparison).

I wouldn't expect the packs to be available for download immediately, and it will probably take people a long time to actually download them once they're up, but I'll get started on it and hopefully have them available by the time your newest public version is available.

Great work man!
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »

If you've got a list of preferred games (the name of the zipfiles), I will separate them.

Otherwise, I was just going to convert them all and upload them all.  With all my other projects at this point I really don't have the time to narrow all of that down and research it.  I was just planning on copying the DVDs to my computer and running the AVI to WMV program Horscht made, zipping them up into files under 1GB and then uploading them one at a time.  It would take a long time to do, but I don't really have to babysit it since it is all pretty much automatic and I'd only need to check in on the process every few hours.

A best-of, or several best-of lists sounds like a good idea, but I don't have time to research it.  Do you have a list or two available?

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »

its in CoinOPS id use R3...... it will be the rom status file has all zip names in it
;; Rom Status 4 is ALL TIME CLASSIC
;; Rom Status 5 is HOT GAME

so you can find all the Status 4 games (think they will all be in a row)

if you make all status 4 and status 5 games its about 350 of the best games for sure....

I can make you a list if you really need one but for now ill have to setup some features

does anyone want the background music to be removed when videogame sound is on?

right now you can ENABLE/disable Background Music
and ENABLE/disable Video Preview Sounds

so the only option you wont have would be to remove background music while video music is on..... its easy to add but more settings

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »

I don't think I have your newest build to check that.  I'll have to ask around and see how to get it.  I'm sure somebody will help me out with that before the videos are all done converting.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

A datfile for the top 100 games would be the best if it's available somewhere, that way I could run the roms through it and just compare them to the videos and I can separate those videos without having to manually do them one by one.  

Do you have a datfile with the top 100 games BP.   (Or the top 350 like you mentioned below?)

Oh... I think it would be good to have an option to turn off hte background music if a video is playing.  Is that what you were asking?

madmab

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »

luckily mame rom names make things pretty easy.  Pretty much 8 character names there and alot of games have a "root" set.  Not sure if that is being taken into consideration or not, but it may makes things a little simpler.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 02:33:00 AM »

can add the use parent video if the proper video doesnt work easy enough thats what it does for pngs

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2009, 05:14:00 AM »

CoinOPS R4 is completed.....  I will test it till the weekend then release it im sure its all good.......

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »

I just finally finished my yearly 84 hour work week!

I'm going to need a little R&R right now, but when I get to this making those videos you need is the first thing on my to-do list for the weekend BP.

I figure after that I'll start a mass conversion while I wait for you or someone you know to put together a best-of datfile or two and then I'll separate those videos from the rest for the time being and get them uploaded.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »

Sure thing about the beta man.  I've got a TON of work on the NES synopsis since I've been promising I'd get it done before I go back to work and they're holding off on the public release until I complete it, but I'm really psyched about seeing the video previews in MAME.

An excel file is doable, but a datfile would be the best.  A list of games is nice, but a datfile that I could use to separate the roms and then use to separate the videos would be by far the easiest way for me to get the video packs put together.  Instead of an hour or more of sorting manually I could have that part done in about 2 minutes with the datfiles.  I use CLRMAMEPro to create datfiles.  I'm sure somebody you work with knows how to do it if you don't have the time.  I know a guy named Gavin at the other site was able to put some together for a prior release but I figure you've made some changes since then so I'd like to have the newest optomized set to work with.

Later,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Coinops Ignite R2 Source
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »

Cool BP...

I'm going to bed now.  I'll see what I can do about this when I get back to work tonight and get those requests to you (I'm assuming they're in the top 109, so I could just upload the whole thing when I get it done and they'll be in there)

Hope to see the dats when I get back.  If not, I'll see what I can do with your lists.  I've never even looked at the vids yet, so I can't say what is and what isn't there yet.

Later,
~Rx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7