xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: ---== CoinOPS Gold ==---  (Read 1380 times)

WaCk0

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vejita @ Nov 11 2008, 10:59 PM) View Post

Doesn't work with the latest CoinOPS Gold that is out and about. The games list text is misplaced.

Can you fix this?

IPB Image

Fixed!
SKIN > RAPIDSHARE

psyman

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

can you create cut files to launch coin ops roms?

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

features in and source is out... you need to work out the the command to launch them

robot3

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »

I had a really stupid question about certain games:

I know some of them when you start give you the message that "this game has no sound" or "this game lacks sounds". Does this mean the rom file truly has no sound in it or that no one has successfully "relinked" up the sound for the game?

The one game in particular I was refering to was "special forces" from 84 or 1986. I used to play this in the arcades and was searching for it for a number of years (recalled the game but not the title). It was not until I was browsing my mameOX that I decided to try it out (based on the screenshot of the title and year it was made) and rejoice in the fact that this was the game I had been looking for close to 20 years. Naturally the irony sets in and this had the "lacks sound" message.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »

I haven't had a chance to try out the new build yet.  (Sorry BP)

I was wondering if it had some sort of "allowance mode".  I know you were talking about looking into it for this release.

Later,
~Rx

robot3

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(xyteam @ Nov 23 2008, 03:14 PM) View Post

its because mame on xbox is at version 0.84 that some games werent fully emulated/cracked at the time so really i suppose the driver would probably need updated.you can ask bp in this thread if he could take a look at the driver seeing as he is working on fixing/adding new drivers.

hmm I do have a mame set from within the last year or so. I should see if the game has sound on that edition. If not, I can still contact BP and see if something could be done.

Oh and thank you again for the nice hookup xyteam!

Mega Man (?)

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »

I personaly like this: Unlimited 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

CoinOPS Ignite...? I love your way of naming your chronicles BP, It gives character and is much more fun than 1.00000111. releases.

I am in the understanding that you also make each precious release count.

Great all around work!

And, Thank You Very Much BP biggrin.gif

Cospefogo

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2008, 05:04:00 AM »

A global amount of coins setup for all games is great.
And: INFINITE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

If this feature gets alive, it will be perfect!!!
Wow!

About the naming thing, I like the PLATINUM, GOLD and now IGNITE.
But one thing I think you should think about is to TAG/MARK inside
the XBE the current version, with DATE and a version NUMBER besides
the fancy name.

I really miss this on most of the emulators.
We never know what version we are using!

Best,
Cospefogo.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2008, 05:39:00 AM »

Great!
Thanks for the update.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2008, 06:42:00 AM »

Ignite.... Nice!

I didn't know if you were still going to take this further.  Nice to see you're still working on it.  By the time I get around to checking it out I'm sure I'll be amazed at all the new features.  

I think it's probably best to do the one that MM picked.  My old man used to give me and my brothers $2.50 each to play when we were kids.  Maybe some kids just got a buck or the really rich kids got $5.00.  If you got much more than that every time you went to the arcade, your parents should have probably just bought you a Neo-Geo system.

~Rx

xyteam

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(superchango @ Dec 2 2008, 04:32 PM) View Post

Hi guys,

First of all thanks britneyspairs for this great emu, and thanks to everyone who has helped him with the project. I am finishing a custom multiemu cabinet with an xbox and coinops gold is one of the main emus on it. I have a couple of questions regarding the use of it.

-I'm looking for an updated vmm.txt file since coinops gold gives me malloc failed errors in lots of games.
I've created a collection out of the mame 0.128 romset, by using romcenter, it actually counts with 4000+ games, and i found problems with several games from the mid/late 90's, i.e. primal rage. Is there any site with an updated vmm.txt file? the one i have doesn't have many entries.

-Although i'm making an unleashx skin for the project, i was thinking about creating in the near future a custom XBMC frontend for it, since the rest of the emus can launch roms directly from xbmc, and reading around i've seen certain scripts that allow the launch of an .xbe through a command line while passing arguments to it. Does coinops support this command line execution?

thanks in advance.

command line is in there i think but was never actually tested.
when it comes to games like primal rage the vmm has to written for it,maybe np will tell you how to do that.with earlier versions like arcades you could just turn on the vmm and you were good to go.

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2008, 03:09:00 AM »

add the games into vm.txt search for a larger game like sf3 or kof2003 and copy the vm settings for larger games.
Primal rage runs pretty bad really but works fine

Good luck

superchango

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ Dec 3 2008, 10:45 AM) View Post

add the games into vm.txt search for a larger game like sf3 or kof2003 and copy the vm settings for larger games.
Primal rage runs pretty bad really but works fine

Good luck

Now that's a good idea, I hadn't think about it that way. thanks BP.

And sorry to bother you again, is there any way to create run roms through command line? I'm more than happy with the way it works now, but i'd like to work on an XBMC emu frontend to use on xbox based cabs.

It would be great to get for the xbox that seamless feeling you get outta some solutions for pc that are out there, like maximus arcade or hyperspin.

xyteam

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »

if you are going to use .cutfiles then make sure you use a biuld of xbmc before april08,as this feature was taken out of versions of xbmc after that.

superchango

• Archived User
---== CoinOPS Gold ==---
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

really? didn't know. thanks xyteam.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7