xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Zsnexbox Video Previews  (Read 1370 times)

Horscht

• Recovered User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »

did you? I must have missed that biggrin.gif But i got it working now anyways, which is great.

Now, all i have to find out is how to get the "appending" working. I would like to take in game shots, then after 45 seconds or so, show the intro or something. Whenever I click "append" in zsnes, it goes back to where the previous video left off... sad.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »

Now, all i have to find out is how to get the "appending" working. I would like to take in game shots, then after 45 seconds or so, show the intro or something. Whenever I click "append" in zsnes, it goes back to where the previous video left off... sad.gif

Get that working for us man and you're a hero....

I spent the last two weekends putting perfect screenshot art collections with boxscans, carts, title shots and action shots for the Atari, and I would love to have a setup on them where it scrolls through the artwork and then starts the video for all games.  

Hopefully we get this ability added to XPORT emulators in the near future.

It's XPORT's and NES's time to sit back and relax while the grunts do the work.  They made this all possible, and it's only right that we provide them with the best experience they could have spawned off of their creations, right?

Horscht

• Recovered User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »

i think i'll whip up a quick batch file. then it's just: copy videos to folder, double click bat, wait biggrin.gif Windows Scripting Host ftw. smile.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »

Fekkin A smile.gif

Looking forward to trying it out.  I wanted to bitch slap the computer for acting a fool, but it would probably beat me up with it's superior mental powers.  (All laughing at me the whole time when he can do 11ty billion computations by the time I figure out 2+2 is 4.  

Thanks for all the hard work man.  This is going to be your and my release.  And Sotu's too, because he has a couple good previews up already and says he wants to help out.

Thanks a bunch to the both of you.   Hopefully we can get some help.  This ain't all that hard, it's just a little time consuming.  Maybe after the thrill of GTA wears off and before Fable 2 comes out we can get a little more help around here.

~Rx

EDIT:  Why do I always read "ftw" as :censored: the world?

Horscht

• Recovered User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

NOTE: If a popup appears asking wether or not to use ffdshow, tell it to NOT USE ffdshow.

EDIT: got the bat working now, download here:

http://horscht.googlepages.com/WME.rar

Important information is in the readme!

sotu

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong using your settings,  the finished wmv is a very small file size around 1mb and the visual quality is less.  

No biggie as I'm cool continuing to do them the way I have been but I just wanted to let you guys know that your resulting wmv's may be of less quality than they already are which would be a shame imo.  

Hopefully it works good for Rez and he's able to get his pack out for everyone.

Horscht

• Recovered User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

sotu, thanks for your feedback. Could you tell me what settings you are usualy using to convert yours to WMV in WME so I can addapt my profile to it? The quality loss is probably due to me using bad presets in the profile.

EDIT: or you can create your own profile using the profile editor that comes along with WME (Start -> programs -> Windows Media Encoder -> utilities -> Profile editor) and share it with us smile.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

This is sweet man.  I'm going to let it run overnight on my movies and see if it works on all of them.  

Making the videos retain their quality is easy using the Magic Video Batch Converter.  All you have to do is select "Windows media Video 8 for Broadband (NTSC, 700kbps)"  and it works perfect.  There may be a better setting that you find, but I can't tell the difference from the original with this setting.

Thanks man.  You wouldn't believe how much frustration this saves me.

~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

Nevermind guys.  There are some problems.  The size of some of the conversions seem to be larger than the original while others are smaller.  It seems random.

If you figure it out tonight let me know.  I gotta go to work...

~Rx

Horscht

• Recovered User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »

i'll also upload an updated profile to my site. i'll edit this post in a few minutes.

EDIT: New profile is located here: http://horscht.googl...com/WMVXMV2.prx

this is for use in the batch encoder, if you want to use the batch-file sollution you can simply rename the new profile to WMVXMV.prx and replace the old one or redownload my updated package here (again, readme applies):

http://horscht.googlepages.com/WME.rar

EDIT: That is a very preliminary Readme, it does not contain any credits, so I am going to credit here:

thanks to
Jezz_X for his nice tutorial on how to create proper WMVs
nes6502 for his nice WMV to XMV batch script, which this is actualy based upon
seamonkey420 for his script that I ripped some syntax from
sotu for his preset
ressurectionx for whom this was actualy done smile.gif
and everyone else involved (mabye MS?)

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »

Been really busy the last month, and havn't been able to read the forum. Sorry to anyone who PM'd me.
I was surprised to see this thread had more posts than the 3.4 thread. I actually didn't expect people to make previews since the scene is so dead. Thanks everybody! I hope there are some wmv previews posted soon. I really would like to see the "best of" previews posted. However, I'd be glad to get any since I don't have the time to create them.

Previews is something I wanted since the 1.0 release. I actually wrote 90% of the code back in 2006. However, I ran into some roadblocks and lost interest on finishing the feature. I might look into adding more options for displaying the previews.

As far as adding preview support to Xport's emulators; I would gladly abstract all the code and write up a guide on how to easilly implement it for him if he requested it.

sotu

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 03:39:00 AM »

90 Minutes - European Prime Goal DONE
Addams Family Values
Adventures of TinTin DONE
Aguri Suzuki F-1 Super Driving DONE
Alfred Chicken
All-American Championship Football
Arcade's Greatest Hits (Not the Atari one, I've got that)
Archer MacLean's Dropzone
Asterix & Obelix
Asterix
Ballz 3D DONE
Bananas de Pijamas
Battle Clash
Bazooka Blitzkrieg DONE
Big Sky Trooper
Blazing Skies
Brandish I
Brandish II
Chavez II DONE

What's not done I could use an SMV of some gameplay.

madmab

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 05:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(nes6502 @ Jul 10 2008, 11:00 PM) View Post

Been really busy the last month, and havn't been able to read the forum. Sorry to anyone who PM'd me.
I was surprised to see this thread had more posts than the 3.4 thread. I actually didn't expect people to make previews since the scene is so dead. Thanks everybody! I hope there are some wmv previews posted soon. I really would like to see the "best of" previews posted. However, I'd be glad to get any since I don't have the time to create them.

Previews is something I wanted since the 1.0 release. I actually wrote 90% of the code back in 2006. However, I ran into some roadblocks and lost interest on finishing the feature. I might look into adding more options for displaying the previews.

As far as adding preview support to Xport's emulators; I would gladly abstract all the code and write up a guide on how to easilly implement it for him if he requested it.

I suspected that while perusing over the source code it looked like something you had set-up for some time but only just got around to implementing.  I don't think x-port has really been interested in improving his emulators (mostly lack of time).  But I have been working on adding to them and certainly would not mind a write up.

I did notice that most of this stuff is based off of the developer kit and I would probably handle it differently myself, but an analysis/guide should make things alot easier to do.  I'd certainly love to add it in.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »

Hey Sotu,

We must be looking at different programs or something.  

These are the options you're talking about, right?

These are the presets I've been using to do all my conversions:

Audio encoding mode: CBR
Video encoding mode: Quality VBR

Audience: Quality Based
Audio Codec: WM Audio 9.2
Audio Format: 32 kbps, 32 KHz, Stereo CBR
Video Codec: WM Video V8
Video Size 640x480
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
Keyframe: 8 s

I don't have any of those options available to me with the batch program that I was using yesterday.  The only option that looks like it's relevant is one to change the bitrate on the movie.  They looked great, but I didn't want to make 600 like that if they weren't perfect copies of the originals.  They also transfered to XMV just fine as well.

Send me the link that you used to get the program you're working with.  There were a couple thrown around and I may have grabbed the wrong one.

Thanks
~Rx

Oh... and a big thanks again to Horcht for bringing this to us.  I'm not very patient with certain things, and downloading a ton of programs for converting files the way I want to is a pet peeve of mine.  I just had to do it for all of my screenshot previews and it was annoying the hell out of me.

Horscht

• Recovered User
Zsnexbox Video Previews
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

ressurection, these are the settings that are stored in the WMVXMV.prx WME profile. Well, they are now, I used different ones at first. now the profile has beeen updated to reflect sotus settings, see

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4305420 and
http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4305550

EDIT:

All-American Championship Football DONE
Arcade's Greatest Hits (Not the Atari one, I've got that) DONE
Archer MacLean's Dropzone DONE
Asterix & Obelix DONE
Asterix DONE
Battle Clash DONE
Big Sky Trooper DONE
Blazing Skies DONE
Chavez I DONE

NOTE: so far, I only have the avi files of those, as I am still in linux. Gonna have to reboot to windows when I got enough to convert them smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12