xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Emulator Icon  (Read 125 times)

ntoxic8

• Archived User
Emulator Icon
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »

So I have a couple of emulators on my soft modded xbox. While some have pics for icons others do not. How do I choose to change the default folder look to an icon of my choice. Pressing the white button does not give me an option to choose a thumbnail. Also I have XBMC as my dash and want the option to be able to quickly get out of a emu-game without resetting the xbox. I know if I use evo-x as my dash I have the quick reset option, is there a way I can do this with xbmc as my dash?

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
Emulator Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »

no.after you put the icon in your folder icon must be labeled default.tbn.then ftp in delete the userdata thumbnail folder.if any dont show up right go back in to the userdata/thumbnails/programs folder and the ones that dont display will say"72" with no size.delete those then they all be there

competes2win

• Archived User
Emulator Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(ntoxic8 @ Feb 7 2008, 11:03 PM) *

So I have a couple of emulators on my soft modded xbox. While some have pics for icons others do not. How do I choose to change the default folder look to an icon of my choice. Pressing the white button does not give me an option to choose a thumbnail. Also I have XBMC as my dash and want the option to be able to quickly get out of a emu-game without resetting the xbox. I know if I use evo-x as my dash I have the quick reset option, is there a way I can do this with xbmc as my dash?

find the icon you want, if you're using wide icons than they have a bunch at mediaicons.org  . place that icon in your emulator directory in the same place the default.xbe for the emu is and rename the icon default.tbn. and delete your thumbnails for your programs in your userdata folder.

when your playing a game or an emulator you can usually just push the L, R, back, start buttons at the same time to restart your dash. Also its not hard either to just exit out to the emulator and then restart your dash that way.

then again you have a softmod and im not knowledgeable on the differences btwn this and a chipped box. so perhaps these options (which are usually bios dependent) may not be available to you.