xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 007 W/ Raincoat And Hotswap Problem  (Read 139 times)

badandy

• Archived User
007 W/ Raincoat And Hotswap Problem
« on: September 21, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »

After lurking here for a while, I finally decided to try to hack the xbox.  I chose the 007 with raincoat and hotswap method, but I am having problems.  The XBox is a v1.0 and I had not opened it until the other night.

I got the hotswap to work correctly, and I put the 007savewithraincoat save file in the correct place. It shows up in the Memory tab of the dashboard. However, when I try to load 007 AUF from the dashboard or straight from DVD, it gives the 'XBox requires service' message. There is no error code, and it allows me to press A to get back to the dashboard.  I can play all of the other games, and DVD movies correctly.

I've searched the forums for a few days now, and I haven't found anyone with the same problem as mine. I have read in a few places that in the newer versions of 007 AUF Platinum, the hack won't work.  However, I checked the DVD before I rented it and no where on it does it say platinum.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks in advance,
BadAndy

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

might just be a bad disc, rental games arent exactly the most well taken care of, lol, and with a 1.0 you probably have a thomson drive which also sucks

to tell if its a platinum version look at the little arc at the top opf the disc (where it says "xbox") if the background is black its a reg game, if the background is white its platinum

...duh, it says platinum hits under it too, lol

This post has been edited by lordvader129: Sep 22 2003, 01:04 AM

badandy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »

Ok, the title arc is black, so the game is the regular one... That takes care of that...

As to the rental disc being bad, when I remove the 007savewithraincoat savegame from the harddrive, via the Memory tab on the dash or through hotswap, I can play the game fine, including saving and loading missions.  It's only when I copy the hacked save file to the hard drive that I get this problem.

To copy the save file over, I copied the whole 4541000d directory to the XBox's UDATA directory.  I've done it multiple times, in multiple scenarios, and still nothing.

I'm sure I'm missing something dumb, but I just can't figure it out.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
badandy

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 12:50:00 AM »

try making a true game save from the 007

then see if you can delete & replace the files with the hacked files n folders.....

I noticed on mine when first done it didn't come up with the true 007 AUF icon in my my memroy manager bit of my dash - maybe it thought it wasn't a true 007 save

but after the first time of me getting it to work the icon appeared ok and then I saved it onto a mem card again and all was fine

might have been unsure about the save being a true PAL AUF save at first - dunno ?

just a thought about letting it create all the folders properly in a true save - then just delete n replace the files inside that

either on your unmodded xbox or try and compile it on a modded xbox

best of luck

badandy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 02:42:00 AM »

Hey Pizza, that worked great. Thanks!

First I tried to copy everything from 000000000000/ into the existing save directory. That got me farther, and it would actually load 007. However, it gave me an error 21 when I tried to load the saved game. Then I hotswapped again to rename the existing save directory to 000000000000/, and suddenly everything worked exactly as it's supposed to.

I successfully backed up my original bios, and flashed with the one provided, rebooted, and reflashed back to the original.

Tomorrow I'll conquer soldering the switches and flashing a four part bios.

Thanks again for your help Pizza and vader!

badandy

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 07:15:00 AM »

way to go.....

yeah it was strange when the 007 auf icon wasn't showing up properly on my mem card - maybe there is a difference in PAL/NTSC or platinum/retail/rental versions - who knows

but after pulling it about a bit it finally recognised the save like in your case too

needless to say that was the sod I saved back onto my mem card and not had a problem since

best of luck for ya tsop flashing