xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 007:auf On 1.1 W/ Sharp Tsop  (Read 204 times)

Voltaic

• Archived User
007:auf On 1.1 W/ Sharp Tsop
« on: June 06, 2003, 05:47:00 PM »

I followed the tutorial; closed the two jumper to WE. Since I have a SHARP TSOP I went ahead and jumped VCC+5V to P11.

But, when I turned on my Xbox, my TV doesn't sense the video input and the Xbox just powers up... when I press EJECT it powers off.

I undid everything and it's back to normal.

Any idea?

-Volt.  :unsure:

cribby08

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »

I had the same problem.  I solved it by before booting up my xbox I disconnected the wire to the top jumper then xbox boots fine, after loading linux reconnect top jummper and then you can write to sharp bios.  This will not be an issue once the TSOP is flashed. That means you dont have to mess with the wires again :D

Voltaic

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 06:51:00 AM »

What do you mean 'This will not be an issue once the TSOP is flashed...'  Once you get rid of the original one, you can leave all jumpers jumped?   <_<

- Volt.

PsiDOC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 07:51:00 AM »

Yes you can, and providing you do not pull it back to the original flash, then the jumpers can stay intact.
Regards,
Psi

cONEction

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (cribby08 @ Jun 7 2003, 09:59 AM)
I had the same problem.  I solved it by before booting up my xbox I disconnected the wire to the top jumper then xbox boots fine, after loading linux reconnect top jummper and then you can write to sharp bios.  This will not be an issue once the TSOP is flashed. That means you dont have to mess with the wires again :D

so what you did was to solder wires into the points and just connect them while xbox is already turned on?  :huh:

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

Did anyone connect all the points ect... and  get success just the regular way ...

or is connecting the 2 on the bottom ...and waiting until Linux is loaded before connecting the TOP jumper ... the ONLY way!

More INPUT please! :)

Also ... is the Sharp TSOP only found with the Samsung DVD's from China ...       I'm hoping to find a SAMSUNG DVD with a ST chip!

PsiDOC

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

For the Initial flashing of a modded bios with the Sharp Flash Rom I have had reports of people having to disconnect the Top Flash Jumper, however not all, so your mileage may vary.
To be on the safe side I would personally disconnect, boot then reconnect.

Re: Samsung Drives With the ST flash, they do exist... I had one in last week to be done, Manufacture date: 09/2002 China. This was a PAL UK box.

Regards,
Psi

52volts

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Voltaic @ Jun 7 2003, 01:36 AM)
I followed the tutorial; closed the two jumper to WE. Since I have a SHARP TSOP I went ahead and jumped VCC+5V to P11.

But, when I turned on my Xbox, my TV doesn't sense the video input and the Xbox just powers up... when I press EJECT it powers off.

I undid everything and it's back to normal.

Any idea?

-Volt.  :unsure:

This is how I flashed my Sharp TSOP.
Ran the extra wire to vcc.
Bridge the bottom jumper.
Boot the XBOX
Now bridge the top jumpers with the xbox already booted.
Now run the 007 hack.
After the tsop is flashed remove the TOP jumper bridge point.

Voltaic

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 05:08:00 PM »

Yeah, I flashed mine after seeing that, in some cases alteast, you need to have it open, boot, then close the jumper.

What sucks is that I didn't have super flexible wires and I broke one of the pad on the top of the MB (the one that goes to the hole).  I was able to flash it, but as it is now I'll need to clean the glue I used to make sure the wires didn't move too much (sadly didn't work as plan) and I'll do a perm. jump to the little hole.

I'm farly good at soldering but damn, those jumper pads are tiny... btw, I'm sure we're suppose to use resistors for those jumpers... any idea what type we'd need?

-Volt.

craigncheri

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 09:05:00 AM »

same thing here
i've done 2 sharp tsops recently
both manufacture dates were nov of 02
I did the 5 volt jumper and shorted the write jumper on the bottom of the board.
both systems needed the write jumper on the tops side the board to be open inorder to boot.

I used the 007 trick to flash the tsop and actually just held a small flat head screwdriver across those points on the top side the board when flashing.
once you have a hacked bios you can short them perminatly

m3+4l

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

hi all

Where can I find a full tutorial (pictures and detaisl) explaining the procedure for flashing a xbox with a sharp tsop using the 007 save ?

I ve already flash a  xbox with the 007 save but now i have to flash one with with this sharp shi#&!! TSOP and i'm very worry about this    :huh:  .

What is the version of raincoat i need ????   :blink:

plz if you find any documentation could you help me or give me an url ?

tdawg187

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »

I followed the directions to flash my sharp tsop, but with the xbox I was using it would only boot up with video if the jumper on the back side of the mobo was desoldered.  I have modded quite a few boxes and this one gave me the most problems ever.  It was booting with solid green light and no video, or it would even frag sporadically no matter how I had the connections, finally I got it to boot up with a switch on the bottom jumper and the top jumber soldered.  007 started to load and I pressed start to bypass the intro(still hadn't turned the switch on), then it went to a blank screen and solid green light all of a sudden.  Now after this, the xbox will only boot to a solid green light with no video, even after all connections have been removed. I also tried with a cheapmod installed and it still wouldn't boot with video.  Word of warning I think most of these xbox with the sharp chip were manufactured around the 20th of November 02.

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

i would like to bypass the sharp tosp completely ...  is it your experience that the Sharp tsop's are Matched with the Samsung DVD ....
I want the Samsung DVD just not the Sharp TSOP ... and model number or date ... to make sure i get a NON-Sharp ... but SamsungDVD ...  :)
24***    what would the numbers be! :)
and  batch number
and  TEAM  ...
Thanks

tdawg187

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2003, 05:00:00 PM »

I'm not at home now, so I can't check exact dates/ numbers but I do have a v1.2 xbox that came with a samsung drive.  I'm pretty sure the date was around mid january 03, I can check for sure when I get home.  It had an st chip in it, and both the r/w jumpers could be soldered from the top of the board, so you don't need to remove the mobo.

Voltaic

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 04:13:00 PM »

Nah, I bought another Xbox, Made in China, Dec. 2002. Came with Samsung DVD-ROM but TSOP was ST. My other one was same spec but w/ SHARP.

-Volt.